Best Rod Blank for Ulua Shorefishing

Started by Tightlines667, February 08, 2014, 11:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think is the best overall quality Rod Blank for Ulua Shorefishing ?

Nitro
0 (0%)
IRW
2 (8.3%)
Talon
5 (20.8%)
Tica
0 (0%)
Allstar
1 (4.2%)
Okuma
1 (4.2%)
Shimano
1 (4.2%)
Fenwick
1 (4.2%)
Hawaiian
0 (0%)
Kewell
0 (0%)
Magnum
0 (0%)
Roddy Hunter
2 (8.3%)
Old School (Bamboo,Tokunago, or other)
1 (4.2%)
Other
10 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

ez2cdave

Quote from: Gfish on December 27, 2016, 04:12:50 PM
So, after all that information and the deluge of "I'm right, you're not" ego, is the voting still goin on and/or is there a winner?
Gfish

Well, judging by the Results Tally at the top of the page, it looks like TALON is the "Leader" ( by Name ), so far . . . HOWEVER, "Other" is the "Winner", at this point - LOL !

I'll throw another "Other" name into the hat, JEFF ANDREWS . . . The Hawaiian guys will know the name instantly !

Tight Lines !

Tightlines667

Ah yes..

I definately should've added Jeff Andrews to this poll at the start.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Fishamen7

Talons  stiff rod lots of power and great warranty
plenty of models to chose from also

wailua boy

I personally have had good luck with my XH nitros. They are customed wrapped and have been fished for about a decade fairly regularly and have proven to be solid, may not say they are the best blank but cant complain. I also have seeker, fenwick and Hawaiian angler poles, I've been happy with.

ez2cdave

wailua boy

Does anyone remember the manufacturing date of this Hawaiian Angler made for Izuo Bros by Seeker? I'm thinking 70's-80's but not sure.

ez2cdave

Quote from: Tightlines666 on December 27, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
Ah yes..

I definately should've added Jeff Andrews to this poll at the start.

John

As a follow up . . .

From the thread at this link, it appears that Jeff Andrews passed away a few years ago. The information is supplied by "MAKAI", who claims to be Jeff Andrews nephew.

http://2coolfishing.net/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=2137625&page=2

Tight Lines !

Swami805

Just read thru this. Wow. In answer to the question about the seeker they weren't around in the 70's. If I was a betting man I'd say that's a seeker 10' ulua that they made a 4' extension for that fit on he butt end for ulua fishing in Hawaii   They still sell a ton of ulua blanks but not sure if they still make the extension. They came in straight fiberglass or in combination with graphite at the butt end. Late to the party but hope that helps Wailua boy. Still fish the heck out of those seeker uluas
Do what you can with that you have where you are