Bearings for discontinued Jigmaster Accuplates...

Started by Aiala, February 09, 2014, 11:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

I was rooting about in some unopened storage boxes and unearthed this little gem, which I thought I'd sold fifteen years ago... lucky me! Of course it needs to be completely serviced, which is no problem, but I'd like to replace the spool bearings.  Does anyone know if the proper Accurate bearings (in their threaded housing) are still available anywhere? Failing that, where might I find some fresh o-rings? (The ones on there are crumbly black gunk.)

Thanks!   :)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Bryan Young

They are available.  The are 0.125 x 0.375 by 0.156 inches.

Contact Dawn at SmoothDrag.com for these bearings.  She has great prices.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

You FOUND that in a box? Lucky does not describe what that is. Their are dimensions for the O rings on this sight somewhere, a search should find them.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

DaBigOno

Aiala,

Getting new bearing and o-rings for that reel is not feasible.  Send the reel to me and I will dispose of it for you at no charge.   ;)

J/K, good find!

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Bryan Young

On the o rings, I would just take the cap to ace hardware and fit one then buy a dozen.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Aiala

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 09, 2014, 11:20:05 PM
They are available.  The are 0.125 x 0.375 by 0.156 inches. Contact Dawn at SmoothDrag.com for these bearings.  She has great prices.

Bryan, thank you for the tip. Do you know if she sells the entire unit, including the threaded housing? (See photo) I hope so, because I do not know how to extract the old bearing and put in a new one.  ???

~A~

Aiala

Quote from: Dabigono on February 09, 2014, 11:25:13 PM
Getting new bearing and o-rings for that reel is not feasible.  Send the reel to me and I will dispose of it for you at no charge.

Okay, Mr. Ono, I may be a ditz for putting my Dom/Tom frame on backwards, but I'm not that dumb!

~A~

Bryan Young

Aiala,

I had to use ReelSpeed's bearing puller.

If you send me the caps, I'll pull the bearings for you and could replace the bearings for you for the cost of the bearings.  If you want them opened, cleaned with carb cleaner, lubed with TSI301, and reinstalled in the bearing cap, I'll gladly do it for you.

I'll pm you my address if you are interested in my offer.

Bryan

bluefish69

Bryan

Are these bearing caps the same size & thread as Newell's
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Irish Jigger

Bryan Young

I'm not sure if the are the same size as Newell reels.

bluefish69

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 10, 2014, 08:25:13 PM
I'm not sure if the are the same size as Newell reels.

If you get the little project check because I might be able to help with a pair

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Aiala

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 10, 2014, 07:46:46 PM
I'll pm you my address if you are interested in my offer.

Bryan

Thanks a million, Bryan, I sent you a PM.  :)

~A~

Aiala

Finally, with bearings inspected and lubed by Bryan, after two weeks of TLC-ing down to the dog spring, my old reel is ready to go fishing! Yay... but how'm I gonna wait until July?  :P

~A~

Bryan Young

I think we need to find you a green sideplate and a purple rod clamp and a new colorful handle for that beauty to show the true rainbowness of that reel and to show off your eyes. ;D

Love it...what's not to love with that reel?