Need help locating the bearings on this reel

Started by Bucktail, February 10, 2014, 06:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucktail

I'm tearing down my Shimano Curado CU-300DSV.  This (according to the sideplate) is a 6 bearing reel (5 ball bearings + 1 roller clutch bearing).  After studying the reel and the schematic I have only found 4 of the 6. 
The ones I found are: 2 - 194, 1 - 2192 and 1 - 2396.  So where are the other 2 bearings? ???  The only other place I think they may be is in the handle paddles.  But, they're are (as far as I can tell) inaccessible.

If you can help out, please go here http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/customer_service0/Reel_Schematics.html
Select: Discontinued
  Then: Low-Profile Baitcasting
    Then:  Curado
      Then:  CU300DSV

Thanks,
Bob
Just a jig-a-lo

Zimbass

Hi Bob,

The other 2 bearings are in the handle, and are accessible. Remove the 2 caps from the paddle grips and there should be a phillips head screw. If I remember this is a left hand thread, so be sure to check.

Bearings are at the bottom of the handle post.

Cheers,

Terry.

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

Bucktail

OK.  Thanks.  That's what I figured.  I'm curious as to why they don't show them on the schematic.
Just a jig-a-lo

DaBigOno

Quote from: Bucktail on February 10, 2014, 01:58:04 PM
OK.  Thanks.  That's what I figured.  I'm curious as to why they don't show them on the schematic.

Probably because you can't purchase them seperately from the handle assembly
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain