New member from England

Started by Simon Everett, February 17, 2014, 01:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Everett

Hello folks. I am not sure what time it is where you are, but it is late over here! I have been fishing for about 50 years and I still have some of the early rubbish I fished with as a boy! Somehow I have managed to keep it going, for nostalgic reasons rather than performance ones. I do service my own reels, on the dining room table, or a tray on my lap, as I have no workshop facilities. My philosophy is to maintain things rather than repair them - my 6000 I bought brand new in 1976 and it is still going strong. I also have two 9000 2-speeds from the same era, 1976 and 1979 I bought them - they still get used for charter boat fishing and fishing off the kayak where I need capacity. Other reels are more modern, but Abu is in my blood, older Abu reels.

I look forward to learning lots of hints and tips and I hope I can offer something in return, but to be honest my fishing is pretty simple and I don't ask a lot of them - some big fish turn up, but I am not a long caster and we don't have the number or size of fish that you do across the Atlantic. Go easy on me!

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

not a problem.  glad to have you here!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Bryan Young

Cheers Simon. Glad to have ya and don't worry about these guys... they are teddy bears.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

LTM

Cheer Simon, your wallet will never be the same.  ;D

Welcome,

Leo

PS Spent a couple of months in various places in Southern England for computer training (business) and 10 days of that on vacation in London and unfortunately never went fishing. Guess I was too busy site seeing (the crown jewels just blew me away). Got back and freinds and co-workers said I had a slight accent and different usage of the english language. I got things "sorted" in the end.  ;D

Jerseymic

Hi Simon and welcome, where are you based in the U.K.

I saw your photos fishing off the coast of Cornwall, I live in Mevagissey (wet and windy again today!)

Mike.

Irish Jigger

Welcome aboard simon. Lots of your compatriots on here. One big happy family.

Bill B

welcome from the land of the Nuts.....or California if you prefer....
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Mandelstam

Welcome from the land of AB Urfabriken!

:)
/Karl
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea