"Hi" from a new member near the Jersey Shore

Started by Adam Geist, February 17, 2014, 10:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Geist

Hi everyone!  I came across this website a few months ago and found it to be chock full with a wealth of information on fishing reel maintenance and repairs.  I'm a "hands on" DIY type of individual that works on his own cars, home, etc. and most recently, a boat and fishing gear.  Growing up, I mostly fished freshwater and started fishing saltwater a couple of years ago.

I recently purchased a used Daiwa Saltiga 20 to be used primarily for inshore blackfish and fluke.  Next on my "to do" list is a teardown, cleaning and re-lube of the Saltiga 20.

I look forward to being a participating member!
Regards,
Adam

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

BMITCH

Welcome Adam, I'm from up north jersey. Have fun and ask questions.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

harryk3616

welcome adam,  long island  new york,  enjoy your stay

Dominick

Adam welcome to one of the best sites on the web.  Dominick from San Mateo, CA who used to fish from the bank below the bridge in Brielle. 
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Adam Geist

Thank you everyone for welcoming me as a member!

My primary fishing grounds are Barnegat Bay (mostly the upper portion), the Manasquan River/Inlet and inshore fishing off of Point Pleasant/Bay Head areas.  I also enjoying crabbing (blue claws) in Barnegat Bay and it's tributaries.

Regards,
Adam 

SacFly

Welcome from Queens!  I fish down in your neck of the woods quite a bit, if the tolls weren't so high I'd be down there even more.  Mostly Asbury Park up to Sandy Hook, but I've had some great times at Island Beach State Park.  You get great open beach structure down there and the access is literally 10x better than on Long Island.

I'm already looking forward to my first springtime porkroll, egg, and cheese sandwich!

BMITCH

I'm already looking forward to my first springtime porkroll, egg, and cheese sandwich!

Heart attack on a roll, can't be beat. Is this only a jersey thing?
luck is the residue of design.

Tawakoni Terror

I'm originally from Jersey.  Ran the jetties at Deal and Avalon for striper when I was a kid. Sure do miss the big fish :) Welcome.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: BMITCH on February 19, 2014, 05:17:58 PM

Heart attack on a roll, can't be beat. Is this only a jersey thing?
Must be, I've never heard of it.
Life is Good!