Paging Killerbug, Mooki, Dr. Rob, anybody ! RE schematic for 6500i TSR...

Started by Ken_D, February 26, 2014, 05:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken_D

Hello, Gents... Pure fishing UK does not do schematics on its site. Pure fishing Iowa usually says sorry, "international" reel, no got anything. (I have emails in to both UK and IA, no replies as yet) This unit uses stainless steel gears, which will be valuable anywhere, if one can get hold of them. But no drawing, no hope.

Seeing's how the reel is Swedish-made, is there a chance a drawing could be sent as a pdf, so it could be shared at various schematic sites. Even the UK's Planet Sea Fishing site does not have this reel on it.
Thanks to the SOL site for the review, and images.

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/818564/ambassadeur-6500i-tsr-review

Cheers, Kennie Dee.

Bryan Young

Whoa, I want one.  6500s are my favorite reels.

All the reel needs is a SS gear sleeve and I'd be all set.

Or at least, how do I order the main and pinion gears?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ken_D

They are over in england, so I suppose it would be your fave vendor over there who stocks them.. Veal's, Black Dog, or..? they are quite spendy, but look at what they are.
I just got my reply back from Iowa, and nope, they can't do anything, as it's an "international" reel.
As regards Pure Fishing UK,  I'm not holding my breath. 

Ken_D

Quote from: Jerseymic on February 26, 2014, 10:46:56 PM
Found it at veal's  https://www.veals.co.uk/acatalog/abu-ambassadeur-6500i-tsr-1893.html

Uh, not interested in the reel, already known at Veal's a couple of posts above...the title of the thread is where is the drawing,  Where's the schematic at Veals?
I did not see it.  If you saw it, where is it.

Ron Jones

Their are two on the Bay right now for 300ish. Looks like it has all the right stuff.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Ken_D

Ron: the title of the thread reads looking for the __drawing__  ~not~  the reel...

Ron Jones

I understand that, it looks like the drawing was found at Veals. I'm not an Abu guy so I went looking for a picture of the reel and happened to find it on the Bay, thought someone reading this might want to know. Bryan has already expressed interest.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Ken_D

Nope, no drawing at Veal's just the blurb. Pure fishing Iowa cannot assist either. They wash their hands of international product. Still no reply back from Purefishing UK, but I suspect the answer will be the same:
no way Jose...buy the reel, get the drawing !! lol....

Jerseymic

Quote from: Ken_D on February 27, 2014, 12:08:07 AM
Quote from: Jerseymic on February 26, 2014, 10:46:56 PM
Found it at veal's  https://www.veals.co.uk/acatalog/abu-ambassadeur-6500i-tsr-1893.html

Uh, not interested in the reel, already known at Veal's a couple of posts above...the title of the thread is where is the drawing,  Where's the schematic at Veals?
I did not see it.  If you saw it, where is it.

Sorry Ken_D for my mistake.

Mike.

Robert Janssen

Oh right, sorry- figured I could just call them sometime today but forgot. Okay, I'll email 'em instead.
In the meantime though, if you should happen to know of someone who has bought one, ask if there was a schematic in the box.

Ken_D

To all: thanks for input. I wish I had the 199 UKP... Well, that's a bit of a fib.. I do have the 340+ CAD but I really don't need another reel. The gearset hopefully, can be bought by now. The reel's been out there for a few years.

Thanks for taking up the cause Dr. Rob....  hope the plant can assist.

Drisse

I can call Abu Svängsta and see what they say about the parts or schematic.

Ken_D

Halfway home....No drawing, but I located a UK source for the transmission !!  Looks like about 40 UK pounds and ship per set. but the numbers are showing, for searches elsewhere. Here you are: Down near the bottom. 1186245, 1128187

http://s300162762.e-shop.info/shop/catalog/browse?shop_param=shop_overview_pager%3D21%26cid%3D74%26