OKUMA Solterra 30

Started by lastovac, April 19, 2014, 05:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastovac

Hello

My name is Matko, I live in Croatia. Last year I bought  OKUMA SOLTERRA 30
from Amazon.com. I took good care of this machine, I regularly wash it with a freshwater.
I did not use it for last four months. Now, I have a problem with this machine.
The problem is that the reel feels tight when reeling. The more you push drag lever, the harder to reel. I dismantled the machine and found that the ball bearing (22mmx8mmx7mm) is gone. Everything else looked good and new. So I replaced the ball bearing, but the problem persists. I contacted the okumafishung.com, they replied immediately asking if I set the drag too high. They say: ,, If the drag is set too high, the reel will feel tight when reeling". It makes a sense, but  I did not feel it was so tight before.  So, I guess, that the problem has to be somewhere else, not with drag setting. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Bryan Young

You may also have to replace the left side spool bearing as well.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

lastovac

The only bearing to the left side (if left side is opposite to drag lever side) is the
one that I replaced, dimensions 22mmx8mmx7mm.

thereeldoctor@hotmail.com

HELLO, MOST OF THE PROLUM IS IN THE BEARINGS CHECK LEFT BEARING FIRST.BEARINGS SHOULD BE SMOOTH AND NO END PLAY OR SIDE TO SIDE. I THINK YOU SHOULD BE OK AFTER THIS.