Everol collections

Started by Lowprofile, May 27, 2016, 01:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

Let's see 'em!  There's a few threads on everols floating around but none really compiling everyone collection. I don't have much of a "collection" but im sure I will some day.

Shark Hunter

You need a Silver one now Chris.
I have the gold 14/0 and the Black 18/0. I also have a Silver 20/0 that has been sitting in customs since last Thursday.
If I ever get it. A 12/0 will be on the list next.
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Holy cow you guys.  :o :o

Just those 4 reels represents enough dough to put a down payment on a house, not to mention a custom rod for each one.

Daron, I sure hope you get to put your 20/0 to the test someday on a 15 foot great white. Just make sure you are harnessed to the bumper of your truck  :D :D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Dominick

Ted Daron does not need a truck.  The Everol acts as an anchor. All Daron has to do is drop it in the sand and a 15 footer won't budge it.  :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

It has arrived in Cincinnati as of Today, I should have it in my hands soon.
I have been trying to get one of these for two and a half years now.
It is a Silver two speed and will be called the Terminator.
Life is Good!

Robert Janssen

This is one of the earliest Everol reels made.  7 1/2 /0 Two Speed, with dual handle positions and dual levers.

...and this is a little project I've been up to...

Lowprofile

Robert, that thing is cool. Is it a 1/2 /0 ? Or 1/0?

Daron, I'm thinking of another 12 or 14 in silver and a purple 12 for my wife. I can use smaller reels because I'm blessed with blue water, shorter shore drops and braid.  ;D

The 12/0 is filled with straight 130lb copolymer right now. 1.080mm. Thinner than your average 130 and it took about 800 yrds. Was worried on one hookup today.

mhc

Quote from: Robert Janssen on May 28, 2016, 10:34:21 AM
...and this is a little project I've been up to...

I thought your 'ABU 3.0' was the pinnacle of custom built reels but it looks like you have, or are in the process of, going one better than your earlier masterpiece. Amazing work - I'm looking forward to seeing more of your latest creation.
Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Shark Hunter

Pretty Neat Doc.
A mini Everol.
Life is Good!

Robert Janssen

Prototype three-speed automatic.
Made by me. One-piece frame too.

Alto Mare

Stunning!!!
Would you mind showing what's under the hood? If top secret, I'll understand.
Thanks for sharing Doc.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

Whoa... that looks pretty cool.  An Everol sounds like a great platform for a 3-speed conversion.  I am sure some thought, went into designing, and manufacturing that one.  This really belings in its own thread.  I would be interested in hearing more about your thought process, and then the how. 

Quite the achievement there. 

That deserves a photo of the month, or some other award.

Nice work!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

STRIPER LOU

Wow Doc, talk about perfection. Would you entertain a post with more pics of that reel? I would definitely enjoy them as I'm sure many others.
................Lou

Robert Janssen

Quote... I am sure some thought, went into designing, and manufacturing that one.... hearing more about your thought process, and then the how...

Oh, it did... and then some. And more. And more again.
Really, this was a long time ago. It is old news. I made this twelve, thirteen years ago and was very, very involved in the intricacies of it. Suffice to say that it is a rather long story, and I honestly just don't feel like getting sucked into that whirlpool again right now. We will save that for another time, ok? The thread was called, show your Everols. So I did; there it is.

Besides, I have other reel fish to fry now.

Quote...what's under the hood?...

You know, I don't really remember right now. I made several similar versions. I don't recall exactly how this one was put together, besides the obvious bunch of gears and clever differentials and whatnot.

Shark Hunter

20/0 two speed Terminator.
The Beast and Milwaukee's Beast. ;D
Life is Good!