Tib electric blue color match for Tom's plates

Started by STRIPER LOU, May 31, 2016, 11:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

By any chance is anyone using the electric blue tib frame with Tom's plates? And if so how is the match?  (or is it called ice blue?)
Thanks in advance,  ..  Lou

Maxed Out

If you mean accurate ice blue, compared to Tom's ice blue. It is very close. Tom's is just a tiny hint darker.

In the pic, Tom's plate is leaning against an accurate ice blue 113H. pic #1 w/flash, pic #2 no flash.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

STRIPER LOU

Thanks Ted, I wasn't sure as Randy called the Tiburon color electric blue. Very nice reel by the way!
............. regards,  ..  Lou

thorhammer

David Hall

steelhead_killer

Ted from what I have seen of your collection, is there a colored reel you don't have?  ???
><)))">

Maxed Out

Quote from: steelhead_killer on June 01, 2016, 03:22:26 AM
Ted from what I have seen of your collection, is there a colored reel you don't have?  ???

Yes Andy, there are many colors I don't have. :( Some are seemingly very much impossible to find. A few colors were most popular thru the years. Red and gold are most common.

Thor, I'd sell you that handle, but it comes with the reel and I doubt you want to cash out your 401k just for one handle ;D ;D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on June 01, 2016, 01:37:46 AM
Thanks Ted, I wasn't sure as Randy called the Tiburon color electric blue. Very nice reel by the way!
............. regards,  ..  Lou

Lou, the Tiburon electric blue is a little bit darker than the Accurate Ice Blue, so based upon Ted's photos, it should be pretty close to Tom's color.

Thanks,

Randy

Keta

I "matched" mine with a silver frame, it looks good.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

thorhammer

Quote from: Maxed Out on June 01, 2016, 04:38:06 PM
Quote from: steelhead_killer on June 01, 2016, 03:22:26 AM
Ted from what I have seen of your collection, is there a colored reel you don't have?  ???

Yes Andy, there are many colors I don't have. :( Some are seemingly very much impossible to find. A few colors were most popular thru the years. Red and gold are most common.

Thor, I'd sell you that handle, but it comes with the reel and I doubt you want to cash out your 401k just for one handle ;D ;D

Ted

Tru dat....then I'd still need a handle for the blue one I have....

STRIPER LOU

Thanks for the clarification Randy! Most appreciated. I was getting confused.
...............Lou