sleeving for freespool

Started by wallacewt, March 09, 2012, 04:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacewt

id like to make some sleeves for different reels.can someone point me in the right direction for measuring them.is there a tutorial?thanks

Bryan Young

It'll probably be better if Jim answers 'cause he is the MAN that has it down to an Engineering science.  In the mean time, check this out.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1639.0
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

wallacewt

i checked it out bryan,no good to me.i need photos.where to measure to and from   a-b

Bryan Young

We have photos somewhere.  Let me check.  I thought that was the posting that had it.  Sorry.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

wallacewt

ok im getting close.in the 3rd photo
rest the tube on the bearing inside the spool
mark the tube at the  base of the 2nd bearing.
is that it?
by the way thanks bryan

Jimmer

I've got good results measuring out to out on the spool bearingsi nstalled and then subtracting the width of the two bearings. Spools often have a small radius where the bearings seat making a direct measurement of the spool difficult. Start a little long and work your way down slowly.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

wallacewt

Dominick

Wallace:  You haven't mentioned which reel you are going to sleeve.  I have successfully sleeved a Penn International 30W using the guide in the link you were sent.   Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

wallacewt

hi dom
when i spoke to you i said i didnt have any penn reels.
so i went and checked.
1 have 3.
975ld, 113h star drag, 750ss spin.
sry about that

Dominick

Quote from: wallacewt on March 10, 2012, 01:05:04 AM
hi dom
when i spoke to you i said i didnt have any penn reels.
so i went and checked.
1 have 3.
975ld, 113h star drag, 750ss spin.
sry about that
I'm sorry about that also (Not enough Penns).  I only use Penns.  A fisherman needs real fishing reels.  So sell off the other stuff and buy Penns.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.