Everol 20/0

Started by Shark Hunter, January 30, 2014, 01:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Mr. Janssen corrected me a while back about the Everol 18/0 not being the worlds largest reel. This is the 20/0. Capable of 185lbs of drag and will hold 1000 yards of 300lb mono. I have a plinth in the works! ;)
Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Wow! Looks like a Cherry
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

conchydong

185 lbs of drag would rip the gunnels out of most boats if you put it in a rod holder. Even a hundred pounds is too much. That for sure is a specialized reel. I couldn't imagine the rod that it would even go on. No thank you, not for me.

Aiala

You could bolt it to the front of a truck and use it to pull stumps... 

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Quote from: conchydong on January 30, 2014, 02:30:44 PM

185 lbs of drag would rip the gunnels out of most boats if you put it in a rod holder. Even a hundred pounds is too much. That for sure is a specialized reel. I couldn't imagine the rod that it would even go on. No thank you, not for me.
Conchy Dog! :D How many people can say they own the worlds largest reel! The drag is only 110 lbs at full spool. ;)
Life is Good!

saltydog

Well the 18/0 is only 1800 bucks I wonder what they want for one of those. The 18/0 was a dedicated gunnel or chair reel on the boats I worked on in the keys so I wonder if that's not made for fishing bandits down deep.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

LucasGeneau

wow where do you got that reel. And what is it for?

Shark Hunter

All I have is the picture. Right Now. ;D
jaja :D
Life is Good!

saltydog

Now I'm gonna have to build a chair bracket for the truck just to be able to use that one , gotta save up some more money.
MacArthur

LucasGeneau

If you use it for lbsf put good brakes on that truck because of  the 185 pounds of drag of that beast, you dont want your truck to fall to the water. ;D

Robert Janssen

Y'all need some scale...

Shark Hunter

Impressive Robert! :o
It even the 2 speed! Is that a newer one?
Life is Good!

saltydog

Now that is a beast and it doesn't look as big as I thought, still need something to tie myself to on the beach with those drag pressures though.
MacArthur

Robert Janssen

QuoteThe drag is only 110 lbs at full spool.

Actually, the lever goes a bit past the end of the scale. I dunno exactly, but i would guess it stops at around 140 or something like that. Bit more maybe. Like it matters...

QuoteI have a plinth made of concrete in the works! ;)

QuoteIt even the 2 speed! Is that a newer one?

No.. the red one above is a two-speed too.