Any US citizen that can help me out with a few Avet parts?

Started by Jon_Kol, March 07, 2014, 08:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon_Kol

Hi!

Last year I tried to get in touch with Avet in order to get hold of a T-bar handle for a couple of LX 6/3 reels, but it was a hopeless task. Sadly it seems that they do not accept and/or answer requests from abroad. In the end, Bryan Young here at alantani.com was really kind - he got hold of the handles and a couple of other parts from Avet for me, and mailed them to me here in Norway, with me paying him via Paypal.

I'm hoping that maybe once again a US citizen might help me out, as a friend of mine just found that a Avet MXL 6/4 he is doing maintenance on, apparently has a couple of issues that will aquire new parts. There is no longer any company importing Avet to Norway, and therefore no parts are available here, sadly.

The parts needed are:

MXL6/4-004

MXL6/4-060

MXL6/4-060A

If there is anyone who has the time, and the chance to do so, I would really appreciate some assistance in getting hold of these parts. All expenses regarding parts and shipping to Norway will of course be covered by me and/or my friend, and direct transfer to a Paypal account is no problem prior to the items being shipped from the US.

Please let me know if it's possible to make this happen. Thanks for reading this, have a nice day!

Regards,
Jon - Norway

Irish Jigger

I am sure some of the guys on here will help you source your parts.
Have you tried Avet in the UK?
Some of my fishing pals use Avets which were supplied by the UK distributor re link here.
PM me if you think I can be of any assistance.

http://www.rokmax.com/subcat.php?catid=37

Bryan Young

Jon, I would gladly help again.  Let me know if you still need help or if the link that Irish Jigger provided got you the parts you need.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

DaBigOno

I know Bryan is very capable, but let me know if I can assist in anyway.
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Shark Hunter

This is what makes this site so Great! ;D We all work hard and somehow find time to help each other out with nothing expected in return but a Thank You! ;) Good Job Fella's. You make me proud to be a Member! ;D
Life is Good!

Jon_Kol

It's wonderful to see how people here repond so quickly and offer to help, I really appreciate that! So thanks to all of you! Bryan, since I already have your Paypal details from the last time you helped me out, maybe I can ask you to assist me once again? If you have the time to do so, that would be great. :D

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Jon_Kol

Hi Bryan!

Sorry for the wait, I had to be sure of the parts before saying anything for sure. I've sent you a PM with the details. Thanks!

Jon_Kol

Bryan Young

Sorry, I've been away on a business trip.  I'll order them up today.

Jon_Kol

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 20, 2014, 03:19:16 PM
Sorry, I've been away on a business trip.  I'll order them up today.

Nothing to say sorry for, just wanted to hear if the message had been sent. :) Thanks once again!

Rage

Bryan Young

Quote from: Rage on March 24, 2014, 02:24:10 PM
Bryan, could you order partnumer: SX5.3-022 aswell?
Not a problem. Anything else?  I think they charged me $8 in shipping for the previous order.

Rage

I was wondering about stocking up with som "Spool Spring Washers" if the price isn't off the charts  ;)

Bryan Young