New from the Delta (Antioch)

Started by Antiochrich, March 23, 2014, 05:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antiochrich

Just found this site and what a wealth of knowledge :o
I'm an avid hunter as well as a certified hunter education instructor and frequently visit some hunting forums. I posted up on one of those sites asking about getting some fishing reels repaired and the overwhelming reply was Alan Tani!!!  Well, who the heck was this Alan Tani and how do I find him ???
Anyway, someone was kind enough to post up a link to this site and I signed up :D
It appears that a lot of the guys on here fix their own stuff so not sure how much I will get on here but I got the fishing bug again last year so I wanted to get most of my reels ready. I found a local guy in Antioch (by the name of JD) and he's going to go through my Shimano's and Abu's but doesn't touch Penn or Diawa so I am still needing to get those gone thru.
I used to fish about 5 times a week (20+ years ago) and then my two sons got into sports and got more into hunting so that's where most of my time went. I had a few boats over the years (still have a duck boat with a surface drive outboard) and last year I went out and fished about 1/2 dozen times in the oceans of NorCal on charters or a friends boat a time or two and got hooked on fishing again!
I usually hunt with my oldest son at least 20 times a year but now he's got a kid of his own and another on the way so not sure how much he'll be hunting with his plate getting pretty full.
Anyways, sorry for the long essay post but looking forward to visiting this site and looking forward to getting on some tight lines!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Welcome Rich. I'm sure we can help with your Penns and Daiwa. Send Alan or me a pm with the details of reels and what you want done.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bill B

Welcome from another Sac Delta guy.....Elk Grove
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Shark Hunter

Welcome Rich. You've come to the right place for those Penns. ;)
Life is Good!

Dominick

Rich, glad to have you on board.  I'm in San Mateo.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

DaBigOno

Aloha!      Welcome Antiochrich
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

erikpowell

Bula Rich and welcome. I moved here to Fiji from Placerville... when I'm stateside I usually spend a couple months of duck season in Walnut Grove/Sac hunting & fishing the Delta. You guys got it good there!