Maximum Drag for These Reels

Started by sundancer, March 31, 2014, 12:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundancer

Miles to go.....,

Keta

They should be, fiber, keyed, fiber, eared, fiber, keyed, the extra metal washer is most likely a spacer like noyb72 said above.

The spacer is to make up for the difference in thickness between the old fiber washers and the HT-100 ones.  For a 3 stack 2 CF washers, keyed, 2 CF washers, eared, 2 CF washers, keyed.   113H CF washers will work.  I know Smooth Drag has 5+1 kits for the 349H but I'm not sure about the 349, I might have a set left over but I'll have to look.  You can easily convert this reel to the "H" by replacing the main and pinion gears.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

sundancer

Keta

Is there much to be gained in changing to the 2nd configuration?

S
Miles to go.....,

Keta

Quote from: sundancer on April 01, 2014, 01:06:01 AM
Keta

Is there much to be gained in changing to the 2nd configuration?

S

Not as far as I can tell.  You will be much better off with the 5+1 drag stack. 

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

sundancer

Sorry Keta.. 

I might be a little lost..

I seem to have a cf, keyed, cf, keyed, cf, eared, cf, keyed, larger thick top washer, spacer, 2 bellville, star adjuster configuration.

So what do i have?
S
Miles to go.....,

Keta

Quote from: sundancer on April 01, 2014, 01:41:29 AM
So what do i have?
S

A drag stack that was assembled wrong.  The metal washers need to alternate or they will not function properly.

Mark Twain

sundancer

Lol..  thanks..  will fix tomorrow..

S
Miles to go.....,