my other passion

Started by Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B, April 02, 2014, 06:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

carbureted engines... bought these 2 40 DCOE Twin Side Drafts for a project here in Brasil. unfortunately it's been on hold since 2008 because of unforeseen circumstances. it's still on my bucket list... :)

MFB

Nice, I used to own a car with twin Dellorto carbs DHLA40's from memory fitted to a 2ltr Ford SOHC motor. 8)

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

raumati01

LTM

Mel,

My first thought when I saw you pictures reminded me of the old days when I had an engine with Weber side draft carbs. I used to be a master at blue printing Holley carbs. I have to cycle around to each of my passions for economic reasons.

Leo

john2244

Our other passion would be an interesting topic.

John

locknut

Oh man that takes me back used to run 2 of those  on a 1600cc Fiat 125T I used to race in my younger days. Now I have a boat so no money for car racing.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

in this age(again) of turbos, the sound of a normally aspirated engine, with multiple carbs or ITBs can be compared with spring actuated dogs...just plain music to my ears.. :) ::)

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: john2244 on April 03, 2014, 03:50:23 AM

John
definitely agree! except VENUS' inhabitants...  :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D

Dominick

John
I will not be able to post my other passion due to the 12 year old rule.   :-* :-* :-* Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

Quote from: Dominick on April 04, 2014, 12:19:13 AM

John
I will not be able to post my other passion due to the 12 year old rule.   :-* :-* :-* Dominick
Dominick, your post would not pass a 40 year old rule.   ;)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 04, 2014, 02:10:16 AM
Thank Heavens! ::)
Quote from: Alto Mare on April 04, 2014, 02:12:14 AM
x2 ::)

Quote from: noyb72 on April 04, 2014, 06:55:01 PM
::) ::) ::)
Quote from: Bryan Young on April 04, 2014, 07:16:39 PM
Quote from: Dominick on April 04, 2014, 12:19:13 AM

John
Dominick, your post would not pass a 40 year old rule.   ;)

:D ;D ;D :D ;D :D ;D Thanks for the laughs it made my day.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

i should have written normally aspirated engines instead of carbureted engines because ITBs is also on my bucket list... :) :) :)