New project...113H

Started by Big Tim, April 24, 2014, 02:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Quote from: Nuvole on April 28, 2014, 05:12:28 PM
Tim,

Mind sharing what's the flashlight with tripod you are using?

Cheers,

Arthur

Arthur: Those are American Recorder digital lights I use for projects and close up photos in my photo box.

Tim

TechTeach

Quote from: johnachak on April 28, 2014, 02:17:57 PM
Quote from: TechTeach2530 on April 27, 2014, 01:10:28 AM
What is the preferred right plate for a project like this. The one shown, or the one with the open drag that can be serviced without taking the reel apart?

I'm about to go down this road and have 6 113h's to choose from.

Great project by the way. Following this post daily. Love the pics, the frame looks great.

IMHO, I like the side plate with the accessible drag.
Good luck with whatever you choose.

That is the direction I am leaning. Plus I like the left side art work on the older reels.
"Where's that damn dog spring??????"

Big Tim

Need a little help! Ok I mocked up the reel for my son & I have a spacing problem...Whether I use the original spool or the aluminum spool when put together and the left side bearing screwed all the way in I still have too much side to side play? Do I need to take off the inner rings ? is there a way to shim/space the bearings to take up the slop ?

Tim

Keta

The new Tiburon frames do not use the inter rings but from the photos you have the old frame.  
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

How much slop are we talking Tim? The only full accurate frame I have dealt with is a 9/0 and I used the inside rings with adjustable bearing as you have and didn't have an issue.
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

You may need to shim the bearings.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

I agree with Bryan, it is not uncommon to have to stuff a washer behind the left hand bearing inside the cup to remove slop.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Quote from: noyb72 on May 02, 2014, 07:00:16 AM
I agree with Bryan, it is not uncommon to have to stuff a washer behind the left hand bearing inside the cup to remove slop.
Ron
Most times it's the right side bearing that needs shims.
The spool need to be centered, his appears to be too far to the right already, but can't really tell from his pictures.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Big Tim

Red Neck bearing shim  ;D ;D ;D thanks for all the help guys...The first attempt on the shim is obviously too much and I lost full gear engagement...But at least now I have a plan, thanks again for the input..Off to work  >:(

Tim

Bryan Young

Tim, you must shop at Fisherman's Warehouse.  I notice the "Select" baggy.  lol

Very creative with the shim.  You will probably need 1/16 of that thicknss.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Just find some thin washers that fit in the bearing cup Tim.
Life is Good!

Big Tim

Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 02, 2014, 04:54:51 PM
Just find some thin washers that fit in the bearing cup Tim.
I'm robbing some thin small washers from an ice machine I'm working on right now

Big Tim

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 02, 2014, 04:20:01 PM
Tim, you must shop at Fisherman's Warehouse.  I notice the "Select" baggy.  lol

Very creative with the shim.  You will probably need 1/16 of that thicknss.
Byran: Yes on Fisherman's Warehouse & yes on the 1/16" thickness on the shim (almost perfect).

A few small cosmetics and this reel for my son will be done

bluefish69

Tim

Did you try the spring spacers that go in the Newell Bearing Cups. I have 2 sizes just sent me the OD of the washers & I can send you a few.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Big Tim

Quote from: bluefish69 on May 02, 2014, 11:24:28 PM
Tim

Did you try the spring spacers that go in the Newell Bearing Cups. I have 2 sizes just sent me the OD of the washers & I can send you a few.

Mike

Mike: They look like 3/8" ... my dial calipers are broken(Harbor Freight!) But my trusty Starrett ruler shows that measurement..I will PM my address...Thank you  ;D Tim