photo of the month

Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

Quote from: Unutt on May 17, 2015, 09:10:18 PM
My oldest Shimano reels.  All Bantams.  Sizes 10, 100, 1000, 200, 300, 500, and 250.  I have no idea which is the oldest, but they are all early 80s. 

Nice collection!  Great reels.
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

johndtuttle

Quote from: trond_solem on May 08, 2015, 06:57:09 AM
Quote from: alantani on May 06, 2015, 04:10:27 PM
some people just know how to live!   ;D

Quote from: trond_solem on May 06, 2015, 04:50:24 AM
Just bought this nice old boat for my fishing trips.
Built in 1965 by a boutbuilder close by. Many of these was built from about 1910 and up to about 1980.

It's quite small at 19.5 ft, but it can take more wind and waves than any modern plastic boat at similar size.
It's well mantained and has no rot anywhere. No leaks either. The forward cabin is dry and has enough place for to bunks.
The motor is a single cylinder sabb 10hk diesel with adjustable propeller.
If I hoist the read sail (Mesan sail) I can adjust the propeller and rudder from stearing position or from the deck so the boat stays at the same place regardless of wind and current. Nice for my kind of fishing.
I won't get to the fishing spots in a hurry, but I can just start 30 minutes earlyer and have a nice cup of coffe on the way out.:-)

Thanks!
I just love the boat. Very nice handling in choppy water. After the trip yesterday evening, I checked the diesel tank. I think it doesn't use diesel, but produces it. :)

Looks like about 10 meters of tides in those parts....Baltic Sea?

Fine boat, a beautiful efficient craft.

trond_solem

Quote from: johndtuttle on May 18, 2015, 02:57:55 PM
Quote from: trond_solem on May 08, 2015, 06:57:09 AM
Quote from: alantani on May 06, 2015, 04:10:27 PM
some people just know how to live!   ;D

Quote from: trond_solem on May 06, 2015, 04:50:24 AM
Just bought this nice old boat for my fishing trips.
Built in 1965 by a boutbuilder close by. Many of these was built from about 1910 and up to about 1980.

It's quite small at 19.5 ft, but it can take more wind and waves than any modern plastic boat at similar size.
It's well mantained and has no rot anywhere. No leaks either. The forward cabin is dry and has enough place for to bunks.
The motor is a single cylinder sabb 10hk diesel with adjustable propeller.
If I hoist the read sail (Mesan sail) I can adjust the propeller and rudder from stearing position or from the deck so the boat stays at the same place regardless of wind and current. Nice for my kind of fishing.
I won't get to the fishing spots in a hurry, but I can just start 30 minutes earlyer and have a nice cup of coffe on the way out.:-)

Thanks!
I just love the boat. Very nice handling in choppy water. After the trip yesterday evening, I checked the diesel tank. I think it doesn't use diesel, but produces it. :)

Looks like about 10 meters of tides in those parts....Baltic Sea?

Fine boat, a beautiful efficient craft.

Not so much as 10 meters of tide, but at full moon we have a bit more than 3 meters tide.
Not baltic either. Vega in northen Norway. Just a few miles south of the polar circle. That translates to no midnight sun, but we are close. Long nights and short days during wintertime, but we still get some sunlight at midwinter. Since the gulf stream passes by here, the winters are mild with very little snow. Perfect location for me. :)

alantani

just because he's wearing a suit!   ;D

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 19, 2015, 07:30:57 PM
Hello everyone,

I just got back from Boston, where I was attending my beautiful daughter Alyssa's graduation from Boston University. She has made us very proud; after a few celebratory fishing trips with her dad, she will head off to New York to complete her Masters degree.

- Sal
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Marcq

Quote from: Reel 224 on May 20, 2015, 02:20:13 PM
Hey that is a great picture of a proud father and his lovely daughter. What else can be said.

X2

Marc..

Keta

Quote from: Reel 224 on May 20, 2015, 05:07:03 PM
Guess he didn't want to look to cool.  ;D

When you are that cool you don't need sunglasses.... :D
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Quote from: Keta on May 20, 2015, 05:15:21 PM
Quote from: Reel 224 on May 20, 2015, 05:07:03 PM
Guess he didn't want to look to cool.  ;D

When you are that cool you don't need sunglasses.... :D
X100 on that!!!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Thanks guys! Yes, I have been told many times that I clean up nicely ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Hey Sal
Great picture buddy and yeah you cleaned up pretty sharp. Looking good.

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

TomT

That photo warms my heart!!  Congratulations to the whole family as it takes sacrifice & hard work from everyone to make a dream like this happen!!
TomT

Jerseymic

Brilliant photo Sal.

Mike.

broadway

Now that's a photo of the month!
Congrats to both of you. Her for making it through college and you for helping her get to this point.
all the best,
Dom

foakes

Alan and Moderators --

Photo of the Month, perhaps?

This is where it starts...

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.