photo of the month

Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tile

Thanks for the nomination  :) . Next time I will get hold of some carbontex washers for the AG Seven and the Maxximus.
In solid fiberglass we trust

alantani

you don't realize how many hours go into taking a photo like this until you actually try it yourself.  well done!

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 25, 2013, 01:07:00 PM
In anticipation of Santa's arrival. I think I'll do another double dog and a 7 stack.

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

gstours

Speaking of taking a lot of time;  What about the time it takes to clean off the table or bench just to take the picture.  Then theres the stuff, where do you set all the stuff????     Keep um coming!!!!!gst.

anthony

Quote from: alantani on November 10, 2011, 09:10:20 AM
always liked this reel......

is that a ..... Pro Gear Oceanus ? AWESOME reel if so

Bryan Young

Quote from: anthony on January 16, 2014, 03:24:32 PM
is that a ..... Pro Gear Oceanus ? AWESOME reel if so
Yes it is.  I just noticed that the frame is missing from the picture.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

anthony

thought Id recognize the handle and lever & drive gear of that beauty of work horse . wish they had made a lefty version of that reel

alantani

this must have taken some serious time!

Quote from: BMITCH on February 06, 2014, 12:24:18 PM
Hoyt, the one piece aluminum frames penn made were all 5 holes. I made the standard width one into an 8 hole mod with larger screws

The HLW is the same 5 holes.

Final build on the standard width with 8 holes/screws

Hope this helped!
Bob
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

He even swapped out the Bridge screws! I say this is well earned! ;D
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

See what happens when you're persistent Bob? You will eventually get photo of the month ;D...well earned buddy ;).

I haven't been getting any lately and I even placed the boss engraved wrench on one of my shot :-\ ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Thanks guys. This is a beast of a reel. Hope to try those BP gears and hex drags out this season!
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

I'm going to one up you Sal on that engraving. ;D
Life is Good!

BMITCH

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 06, 2014, 06:56:50 PM
See what happens when you're persistent Bob? You will eventually get photo of the month ;D...well earned buddy ;).

I haven't been getting any lately and I even placed the boss engraved wrench on one of my shot :-\ ;D.

Sal, I think is the handle that got him ::) ;D
luck is the residue of design.

foakes

These aren't really photos of the month – but wasn't sure where to place them.

The moderators can move them to a better spot if necessary.

A couple of days ago, I disassembled, cleaned, and restored 7 old reels for clients -- (3) Penn 500s, (1) Penn Mag 10 LW, (1) Penn Peerless #9 LW, (1) old Penn 80, and a Garcia-Mitchell 624.

Thanks to Alan and the guys on this site -- this was the first time in 30 years I have greased the drags.  I used HT-100s with Shimano drag grease, shorter spacing sleeves for more drag adjustment -- and they operate better than the ones brand new out of the box!  No stutter on start-up, full range of smooth drag control with no jerkiness, adjusted at 10% below top drag limitations.

These were old salt encrusted reels with bakelite spools on the jigmasters, bent handles, drag stacks that needed a knife to separate, two would barely turn, and all made weird noises.

The only other upgrades besides the drags were some handles, 3 new metal spools, 2 new level-wind guides, new under gear washers, couple of new pawls, a couple of nylon idler gears for the level-winds, new dog springs -- and that's it!  On the old Penn 80, I just cleaned, polished and restored as original since it is for a shelf -- not intended for use -- and the client wanted it original.  So I used the old style drags along with a fiber under gear washer.

They turned out well -- and I appreciate the advice on the greased HT-100s.

Goes to show -- Never too late to learn something -- hopefully every day.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Wow! :o That's a Nice setup you got there Fred. I think you posted them in the right place. ;)
Life is Good!