Gidday from downunder.

Started by Geoff, May 05, 2014, 04:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Hi Alan,
          I'm located in Airlie Beach (The Whitsundays) Nth Queensland Australia. I have a few old and newish reels from a TLD 5 up to Penn Inter 130's. I saw your bit about chucking out the sealed bearings and using the open bearings. Which Shimano are doing themselves. So the sense behind that is you can clean and then lubricate the open bearings,rather than the sealed bearings which could hold seawater and rust out because of nil access to service? I work on all reels,and like you say,some spinners can be a nightmare. I only found your site through Bluewater Boats & Sportfishing Mag (Aust/NZ) that was advertizing something,but glad I did. Some extremely useful stuff in here. Keep up the good work.       

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

wallacewt

alantani

geoff, welcome!  if you want to put up a post about your hotel, please feel free to do so in the member's business' section. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Aloha and welcome Geoff.  Glad to have ya mate.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

MFB

G'day from New Zealand Geoff,

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Zimbass

G'day to you Geoff, from another southern hemi rugby and fishing freak !!

Cheers.

Terry
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

OldSchool

G'day Geoff

I'm just up the road at Townsville and good to hear from another Aussie.   

Geoff

Quote from: alantani on May 05, 2014, 05:08:28 AM
geoff, welcome!  if you want to put up a post about your hotel, please feel free to do so in the member's business' section. 
I dont know why you thought I have a Hotel? Wish I did though, and a Boston Whaler Outrage, more fishing time,more........ ;)

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Quote from: Geoff on May 05, 2014, 12:44:11 PM
Quote from: alantani on May 05, 2014, 05:08:28 AM
I dont know why you thought I have a Hotel? Wish I did though, and a Boston Whaler Outrage, more fishing time,more........ ;)
I think it's call "night shift."   ;D

Get some rest Alan.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to the "neighborhood"...

exp2000

Another Ozzie. Gidday mate :)
~

Dominick

Gidday mate, welcome and crickey and goodonya for joining.  From San Mateo, California.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.