Newbie to the site, not to reels or fishing..

Started by DanteV, May 08, 2014, 05:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Keith welcome to the "neighborhood" and thanks much for your services to our country...

DanteV

Keith, welcome! As said above, much respect for your service..

Desert Storm Vet '91

Keith Adams

Thank you for the responses. Im'a gonna go yak out some baits this weekend and see if I can get another 7 to 10ft hammer.  I want a pic of my son sitting on one.  I'm in the process of reworking my 9/0 reels that I use.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keith Adams

I have an up date on my 9/0 project, caught this fellow yesterday. Fought him for 30 mins off of Lovers Key west coast FL.

Keith Adams

My son caught this nurse shark off of Venice Fl south jetty.  He was so stoked cuz this was teh first one he got to see live and touch.

Alto Mare

Very nice Keith, thanks for sharing. Is your son using Senators as well?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keith Adams

Yes and NO he caught that nurse shark when it decided to eat a mangrove snapper that was on our stringer.  My son pulled it up when he noticed that the stringer was shaking alot.  So lesson learned stringers and Venice South Jetty don't mix. But it was hilarious the look on his face when he saw it. 

Shark Hunter

Welcome Keith! ;)
Enjoy your stay Buddy. Any Questions. Just Ask.
Life is Good!

fsrmn

Welcome Keith. You're fishing my neck of the woods.  I was at the Venice Jetties Memorial Day weekend.  We rented a place on Nokomis beach. I also fish Lovers Key in my kayak. Great spots. Have you tried any spots in Charlotte Harbor or Placida?
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

Keith Adams

I go to Boca Pass some but not much thru there yet