Newbie to the site, not to reels or fishing..

Started by DanteV, May 08, 2014, 05:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanteV

Hi all! My name's Dante and I've been fishing since I was a wee tot slingin a fly rod from pappy's shoulders on skinny water.. I live in the Sacramento area and fish when I can, for whatever I can. I've got a 2004 Striper 2301 that hasn't seen much action the past few years but hopefully this year will see plenty of water time!

I would also like to thank Alan for all the effort he puts into his craft, as it encouraged me to start servicing my own!

The highlight of my reel servicing days was last year when I was on a 3.5 day trip with the Pacific Voyager and I caught a 100+ pound Bluefin on an Avet SX 6/4 that I maintain at home!

Looking forward to being part of the family here!

Cheers,
Dante

Keta

HI, nice work with the BFT on a tiny reel.   Many years ago my father had a ranch NE of Sac and just south of Coloma, it's all subdivided now.  I spent some time fishing the American
River.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Irish Jigger

Welcome aboard Dante, nice boat you have there.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Capt Ahab

foakes

Warm welcomes -- thanks for showing us your gear & boat...

Best,

Fre
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Aloha!    Welcome Dante

Wow, nice boat and awsome job on that BFT!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

johndtuttle

Hey thar!

Nice bend in ur rod and strong work on the catching :).

Keith Adams

My name is Keith Adams most people call me "Grim", please don't ask about the nickname I got it in Afghanistan while in the U.S. Army.  I have been transplanted to sunny FL, due to Medical Retirement at 31 years of age.  So if I seem a little slow don't get offended I suffer from very bad muscle spasms in my spine and have damage to my short term memory. 

I have been following the fishing forum on reel rebuilding and upgrading for some time now and now I have the speech to text stuff worked out MOSTLY so if my spelling is bad sometimes it is caused by a serious southern accent and some of my brain issues.   I recently serviced both of my 9/0 reels with great success thanks mostly to this forum and you-tube. 
        I have been fishing many years, mostly spinning, so I am pretty Green with conventional reels.   

Mr.Grinta

For every sunrise there will be a sunset, for every sunset there will be a sunrise. You have to accept Leonard.

Dominick

Dante, welcome from San Mateo, CA.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.