drag washer cutting tools.

Started by Geoff, May 11, 2014, 12:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

I bought 2 sets of the cheap cutters as shown. Now all I use are individual wad cutters I buy on Amazon. They are from Germany, expensive, but work great and I never had to sharpen them. The one for the 114H reels was $35.00.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Cone

Keith, If I serviced as many reels as you do, I would buy good cutters too. I mainly just make washers for my reels or maybe a friend or two. I have the cheap set like Daron. If I need other sizes I will buy individual quality cutters. A carbon fiber washer lasts a long time in my reels. The cheap cutters are ok for someone like me but for someone in the reel repair business I would recommend  quality tools.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Alto Mare

You're absolutely right Bob, most would do just fine with the cutters that Daron is showing. I purchased a set of these for $14 a year ago, these never need sharpening.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-3-4-PUNCH-HOLE-LEATHER-GASKET-CUTTER-MADE-IN-THE-USA-/271372387774?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2f0e05be
I would recommend these for guys that don't have any, mine were made in Germany and go up to 1.5".
One hit with the hammer on a piece of wood and that's all it takes.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Are we liking it better than the carbon fiber, and if so, which Senators deserve the delrin treatment?
Is it just for the big dogs?
Thanks for the offer, Daron
Dom

Shark Hunter

I am replacing all my under gears with Delrin Dom. I think its the right thing to do. I'll get you some in the mail. On the house bro. ;)
Life is Good!