Returning to my fishing roots

Started by Olvart, May 22, 2014, 02:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olvart

The first 30 years of my life where all about fishing.My dad was a fanatic,the stories I could tell.
Then,living in Alaska (and later North Dakota) turned in to hunting and business priorities.
Now i'm a retired snowbird that has discovered the joys of the FL panhandle surf and pier fishing.
I found this site about a year ago & feel like I've gotten to know Alan,Brian,Johnd and many others.
I like to do my own reel maintenance and this site is probably the best source of info I've found ( a little lite on spinners though Alan)  :)

alantani

welcome!  spinners are easy.  pay $20 the the el cheapo daiwa or okuma spinners and replace every year!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

anglingarchitect

Welcome, I'm a newcomer here myself and originally from the "forgotten coast". I love it still, not so many people like Tampa. Born in Apalachicola, vacation every year there and have a couple of houses on Cape San Blas.

I caught a 30# Permit, a 20# Kingfish and about 30,  3# to 7# Mangrove Snapper today out of Tampa. Love it out there, saw two boats all day, and one was a Captain Guide friend that gave us the crabs to catch the Permit with, No People.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to the "neighborhood"...

Olvart

Quote from: anglingarchitect on May 23, 2014, 12:16:45 AM
Welcome, I'm a newcomer here myself and originally from the "forgotten coast". I love it still, not so many people like Tampa. Born in Apalachicola, vacation every year there and have a couple of houses on Cape San Blas.

I caught a 30# Permit, a 20# Kingfish and about 30,  3# to 7# Mangrove Snapper today out of Tampa. Love it out there, saw two boats all day, and one was a Captain Guide friend that gave us the crabs to catch the Permit with, No People.

Shssss,don't tell any body!! ;D

Dominick

Welcome you Oldvart.   :D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

handi2

Welcome Olvart,

I was lucky enough to grow on the coast here in Gulf Breeze, FL (Pensacola) and fishing was a way of life for our family. Best of luck to you too.!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Olvart

Quote from: handi2 on May 24, 2014, 12:47:37 AM
Welcome Olvart,

I was lucky enough to grow on the coast here in Gulf Breeze, FL (Pensacola) and fishing was a way of life for our family. Best of luck to you too.!!
Hey,on a bad day there is always Joe Patti's!
Thanks for the response,do you have a shop?
I have followed your posts for some time,you are in one of my favorite areas.
Maybe we will meet some day.
Steve

Olvart

Quote from: Dominick on May 24, 2014, 12:13:39 AM
Welcome you Oldvart.   :D  Dominick
Jeez Dominick,are you calling me an Oldvart? ;D

Dominick

I think I was looking in the mirror when I typed that post.  ;) Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Olvart

Hey Dominick and others,
I see under your nickname "firearms group member".
What is that? I can't seem to back out of the Alan Tanni site to this forum????
What's up??

Dominick

There is a firearms section on the site.  Send a PM to Alan if you are interested in joining the firearms section.  Dominick

Olvart

Thanks for the response Dominick.
When I lived in AK I did a lot of gunsmithing and even owned a gun shop in Anchorage.
Olvart
PS how do I send a private message to Alan?

Olvart

Quote from: Olvart on May 25, 2014, 04:44:41 AM
Thanks for the response Dominick.
When I lived in AK I did a lot of gunsmithing and even owned a gun shop in Anchorage.
Olvart
PS how do I send a private message to Alan?

Never mind,I figured it out.