Polarized Sunglases

Started by SoCalAngler, June 03, 2014, 04:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

I'm heading down to Loreto in Baja in a few weeks and a local from there has asked if I could find him some inexpensive polarized sunglasses here. They have some cheap-O glasses there but he has to pay around $40 for a pair of $10 glasses that I can get here. His budget is $40 and I know it is not much but I was wondering if anyone knows of some decent glasses in that price range. This guy spends many, many days on the water and I don't want to bring him a junky pair.

I wear glass lens Costa Del Mar's which have the best polarization of any of the classes I have ever owned. I can see things in the water deeper and better than other high end glasses but this guy cant afford this type of eye wear.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

P. S. I didn't know where to post this and if this the wrong place please move it to the correct board.

maxpowers

I wear Del-Sol which is decent and is lifetime guaranteed.  Basically you can get a new pairs any time by paying $10 for shipping.  They last several years.

Ron Jones

Fossil has a "Military Grade" line. It may only be available on base but they are rugged and the polarization is strong.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

SoCalAngler

Thanks guys but both the Del Sol and Fossil's are over his budget, though the Del Sol's are close.

Chris Gatorfan

I use Coyote. You can get them for around 29-39 dollars. They are great glasses for the water and have outstanding customer service. I had a pair brake 1 1/2 years ago called them and they sent me another pair free of charge that were even better then the first pair i had.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.