Another 12/0

Started by Shark Hunter, June 13, 2014, 04:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Picked me up another 12/0 from a member here. A little crustier that I like, but with some new rings, posts, elbow grease, new drags and handle upgrade it will be just as nice as my other ones. ;D
This reel has never been opened. It still has the original under gear washer and steel main gear. The screws have no mars. Its been sitting a long while. It has the slick side plate with no marlin.
Life is Good!

harryk3616

daron    you have a ton of work ahead of you, but it's reely not work, it's pleasureable,  good luck and i know it will be beautiful when your done.  my best to you my friend

Shark Hunter

Yea,
Its pretty salty. I love a good Challenge! ;)
Life is Good!

sundaytrucka

I think we should start calling you Senator.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

erikpowell

Shark Hunter

Senator Shark Hunter! ;D I Like it! :D
Life is Good!

bluefish69

Daron

If that reel doesn't have a Marlin on it then that's not your type of reel. Just send it to me.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

I'll trade you straight up for that Magic Ball. ;D
Life is Good!

bluefish69

I might have asked this question before so lets do it again.

What Ball

Shark Hunter

Mike,
In this thread, you said you "Rubba the Magic ball" and stuff happens. I've been riding you about it ever since.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=8511.0
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Your senators will soon out number her shoes...way the go buddy ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 13, 2014, 09:14:54 PM
Mike,
In this thread, you said you "Rubba the Magic ball" and stuff happens. I've been riding you about it ever since.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=8511.0

I can't remember back that far. This morning is a Blur.

basto

The most exciting part is when I first open up my latest reel. That`s what keeps us getting  "just one more"
cheers, Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Shark Hunter

I agree Basto. There is the Gamble you take buying a reel you can't hold in your hands. This reel looks old and Crusty on the outside, but inside is the Hidden Gem. ;) Never messed with since it was originally put together 40 to 50 years ago. The steel gears is always a real Bonus to me. Thats when steel in the US was made in America and a lot better quality. People that don't fish these Big Senators don't realize the power they have and the punishment they can take. When all is said and done with this reel, it will look like new and my total investment will be about $225 and I will fish it! ;D
Life is Good!

basto

Yes, great value in those steel gears. I have them in my 6/0 and 4/0 and they are in beautiful original condition.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n