12/0 Inspection

Started by Shark Hunter, June 15, 2014, 06:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Mr. Tom Hyrinuk asked me to inspect my 12/0 that I fished with on last months Shark Trip to inspect his new prototype ss sleeve.

Well, Lo and Behold, I wasn't fishing with the right 12/0. It was a double dog brass sleeve! I feel like I have let him down. That's the price you pay when you have as many 12's as I do. I'm Sorry Tom, I will have it on my rod in September Bro.
I did notice something interesting though. Evidently, I recycled these HT-100's in this particular reel. The woven texture is almost gone. This explains why the Bull Shark I caught didn't pull any drag. I think the smoother finish of the drags held onto the washers tighter and didn't allow it to start slipping. If it would have been bigger, it might have been a different story.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

I know exactly what you're talking about, ever since I've been doing tests for Alan C. I have so much stuff spread out that I lost count. The other problem is that we keep upgrading as we move along, so you need to stop giving us suggestions ;D.
on the long run, its all good ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I actually had the ss sleeve reel with me in a pelican case, I just forgot to switch it out. When we got to the condo and moved all our stuff in. I put it in the bedroom and forgot all about it. :-\
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

LOL, you've so many 12/0s, how the heck do you keep track of whats in which reel? Keep notes with each reel?

No big deal anyways, that lil'ol Bull wasn't a test for anything, she needed another three or four feet on'er to give ya any reel feedback.
Lets get a big'un or twelve in Sept  ;D
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

Hopefully, by the end of this year. They will all have the same upgrades and it won't matter anymore which one I take fishing. ;D
All Senators with double ss dogs and stainless sleeves! :P
And by the way John, My lil' ole Bull was bigger than your lil' ole Bull by at least a foot! ;)
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

This lil' ole White Minnow has been lurking about 150 miles off Pensacola for about a week now. I think she if following the Tuna on their way into the Gulf to spawn. She is a 14' immature female weighing about 2300 pounds. :o
Life is Good!

erikpowell

Theres great whites in the Gulf of Mexico?? I wouldn't have guessed. Any idea where the pic is taken Daron?

Shark Hunter

Cape Cod.
You can track all the tagged Whites here.
http://www.ocearch.org/tracker/mobile/
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

That's pretty good stuff!
Thanks for sharin Daron.

Wouldn't it be pretty cool if somehow the gulf coast shark fishermen could develop a shark tagging program to help with research?  I was thinking something similar to the tag-a-giant bluefin program, or the adopt a marlin program. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

The guys I fish with, including myself do tag John. It the Apex predator tagging Program. They are by no means fancy satellite tags, but they are recorded and tracked. if someone else catches a tagged fish, we remove the tag and install a new one. We get a free hat for our efforts. ;D
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Katharine,
This particular Great White I was tracking, came within 50 miles from Cape San Blas Shoreline. Looks like she is headed out to deeper water now. Its almost July and these Giant Predators are cruising the gulf. Amazing! :o
Life is Good!