senators are tough!

Started by floating doc, June 22, 2014, 02:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

floating doc

I fish with some guys out of Destin when I'm in the panhandle. The boat owner (who shall remain nameless for his own protection) has had a reef marker/buoy system for years that is made with a fender and a garage sale reel. The reel is submerged the entire time the buoy is deployed.

Here's the latest version. :o

Central Florida

ChileRelleno

That'll work, simple & ingenious.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

harryk3616

Irish Jigger

floating doc

Quote from: mrbrklyn on June 22, 2014, 07:15:38 AM
what are you marking?

It gets dropped on the reef where the fish are marked on the fishfinder. The boat is then allowed to drift away.  This will give you an anchor heading.  Run upcurrent  on that heading,  drop anchor, and drop the boat back to the fish.
Central Florida

alantani

i'd recommend a jigmaster or long beach 60 for this application.  no bearings to go bad.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

hey, maybe add a short busted up rod butt!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

floating doc

Quote from: alantani on June 22, 2014, 06:36:57 PM
hey, maybe add a short busted up rod butt!

Alan, you're such an innovator!  Good point about the bearings. He had a regular 113 the last time I was out with him.
Central Florida

handi2

That's the easiest marker buoy I have seen to retrieve. You pick up the fender and reel in the weight.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Ron Jones

I agree about a bearingless reel, but 85s are cheaper tht the 60 or the Jigmaster, and just as easy to find.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

Quote from: floating doc on June 22, 2014, 02:25:02 AM
Here's the latest version. :o

COMING SOON FOR BIDDING ON EBAY RARE LIGHTLY USED FISHING REEL.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.