penn peerless 9 dog spring

Started by txangler81, July 03, 2014, 04:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryk3616

there just jealous  daron,  enjoy the 4th. of july and the three day weekend

harryk3616

Quote from: txangler81 on July 03, 2014, 05:43:15 AM
again thank you
dustin         screws and dog spring are on the way, mailed this morning, but with the  holiday might take a day or two extra.    harry

txangler81

TechTeach

Bumping this back up.

Same problem with the spring, also looks like I need a new dog. Hole is hogged out. Anti reverse is intermittent  

Is there a SS option?

"Where's that damn dog spring??????"

Keta

Bryan had a few SS 9 and 209 dogs and I can cut more.  I'm reluctant to using SS dogs on brass gear sleeves though, Alan has the right gearsleeve.  No real reason but that's the way I work.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

I have yet to see a dog hogged out like that. Granted, I don't fish 209's, but I do have one. I've not seen this in Senators. The tip of the dog wears out before this happens. Not doubting you Tech. That's just a new one for me.
Life is Good!

Keta

I've seen it one or two times, I think it is caused by someone trying to force the reel backwards.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

TechTeach

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 19, 2015, 05:50:21 AM
I have yet to see a dog hogged out like that. Granted, I don't fish 209's, but I do have one. I've not seen this in Senators. The tip of the dog wears out before this happens. Not doubting you Tech. That's just a new one for me.

When I got this reel the pinion gear was split so something went drastically wrong.
"Where's that damn dog spring??????"