penn peerless 9 dog spring

Started by txangler81, July 03, 2014, 04:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

txangler81

Ok the dog spring on my number 9 will not hold tension on the dog it is a thin piece of copper colored metal are the ones from scotts good or are there any other options. also on my squidder one of the small skrews on the handle side inside plate that goes into the bars broke I got it out of the bar but now im down a skrew do I just need to order one from scotts or will the local hardware store have one thanks

harryk3616

scotts parts are a-1   .the screw has a fillister head and is stainless, order both you'll be good to go

txangler81

the head of the skrew broke in half when I tried to remove it to replace the rings lol

harryk3616

pm  me your address and i'll put a spring and screw in an envelope and mail them to you.

txangler81

Thank you sir I greatly appreciate you doing that.

Shark Hunter

Harry,
You are a good Man! Its people like you that make this site so great! ;D
Life is Good!

harryk3616

thanks daron,   don't sell your self short, you are a great guy also.

harryk3616

Quote from: txangler81 on July 03, 2014, 05:02:27 AM
Thank you sir I greatly appreciate you doing that.
dustin      i might have messed up, you said the plate on the handle side, was the screw a small flat head screw?   also it was for a cross bar? it's longer than the reel stand screw  let me know it will be in tomorrows mail

txangler81

I haven't met a bad person yet on this site all of yall are great I have learned so much thank yall

txangler81

it is a bar screw on the handle side it is a short flat head screw with a tapered head

harryk3616

txangler81

bluefish69

Quote from: harryk3616 on July 03, 2014, 05:15:44 AM
thanks daron,   don't sell your self short, you are a great guy also.

Harry

Daron is also does Expert Repairs on Senator Reels

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Dominick

Quote from: harryk3616 on July 03, 2014, 05:15:44 AM
thanks daron,   don't sell your self short, you are a great guy also.
Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 03, 2014, 05:10:35 AM
Harry,
You are a good Man! Its people like you that make this site so great! ;D
Quote from: txangler81 on July 03, 2014, 05:21:48 AM
I haven't met a bad person yet on this site all of yall are great I have learned so much thank yall
I am trying to type a response but the tears in my eyes get in the way.  :'( :'( :'(  :D
Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!