What the heck is this thing?

Started by jmbnv, July 21, 2014, 04:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmbnv

I inherited a real that is about the same size as a penn 4/0yellowtail special conversion. It has bright purple side plates and says Lee-Pro on the side. Does anyone know who made this and what it actually is. It appears to be made in the late 80s or early 90s. Any info would be appreciated!
"I got a smile
for everyone I meet,
'Long as you don't try taking my baby
or droppin' a bomb on my street"

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

All I can say is that is one great inheritance.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

jmbnv

That's great but still, what is it? Is it usable. Is it an antique. And why is it purple? Thanks
"I got a smile
for everyone I meet,

alantani

Quote from: jmbnv on July 21, 2014, 08:18:01 PM
That's great but still, what is it? Is it usable. Is it an antique. And why is it purple? Thanks

it's just an old reel!  i would want a to go through it completely before putting it in service. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

day0ne

It is a conversion of a 4/0 Penn, like a Tiburon or Accurate. It's purple because someone liked purple. The guts are 113H Penn. If you don't want it, let me know
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Ron Jones

I thought LEE PRO made complete reels for a time, sorta like a Pro Gear. I've never fished one, but I'd like to completly build one with all the SS goodies and PG gears just cuz.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

jmbnv

thanks, its in the shop now at baja fish gear, hope to employ it on the star 7 day trip in sept.
"I got a smile
for everyone I meet,

Alto Mare

I asked that same question three years ago
http://alantani.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=p7ui5nhkhr8rp39a9m7nvrk6c5&topic=2397.msg13641#msg13641
He start putting the KG initials on the plate after his wife got killed at a store, she was his salesman.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.