Salmon Dinner at Dominick's

Started by El Pescador, August 27, 2014, 12:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Change of Dinner plans for Monday night,

Long time contractor friend of ours texted these photos on Sunday of FRESH caught Half Moon Bay King Salmon, asking if I wanted some???

Some???  Be right over.

He also provided a bag of Salmon Collars, and if anyone has a "Stone Cold Lock" BBQ Salmon Collar recipe, please post for all to read.

My wife is with her 90 yr. old Mother who had a stroke 2 weeks ago, so I am a bachelor for now.
Knowing Dominick's cooking skills, I asked if he BBQ'd the salmon, I'll bring over dinner.

He and Linda gave it thumbs up,

here's dinner last night.

Dinner was a light salad, FRESH tomatoes with garlic & oregano from Dom's garden, OF COURSE with EVOO, and a splash of bubbly, a remnant of his recent 75th BD.

We ate our fill, and with leftovers for Salmon hash sandwiches.

I had to fight their dog, Zoe, for the crusty Salmon skin, Zoe won out.

Alan, on your next 5 day Long Range trip, consider bringing Dominick as the Guest Chef, you won't loose any weight!  Seriously!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

alantani

crud, i guess my invitation got lost in the mail!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Good job on that Salmon Dominick, the only thing I'm going to criticize on is the grill marks. Next time give them a quarter of a turn and you'll get some nice diamond grill marks on them ;) ;D.
That's what it's all about, sharing good food in good company ;).
Give my best to Linda.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

I licked my monitor and now my tongue tastes like dust!
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on August 27, 2014, 12:44:22 AM
crud, i guess my invitation got lost in the mail!!!!
Oh no! I mailed it to Saratoga, NY by mistake.   ;) ;) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

erikpowell

Steve-O

Nice brace of Kings!

Great company sharing a delicious meal.

What more could you ask for?   

Wait a minute! ...was there dessert? ;D

the rockfish ninja

Great looking table setting there, you even got the Weber grill in the pic. ;D
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

Dominick

Quote from: the rockfish ninja on August 27, 2014, 05:33:06 PM
That's funny.  That is one of those miniature grills in the side yard next to the retaining wall.  I'll talk to the high school yearbook photographer to better compose those shots.   ;D ;D Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

floating doc

Central Florida

Marcq

Yup!! That looks pretty good  :P

Marc..

Shark Hunter

Good Job Dominick! You are quite the Chef! ;)
Looks like Wayne surprised Linda with that picture. :D
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 27, 2014, 02:08:56 AM
Good job on that Salmon Dominick, the only thing I'm going to criticize on is the grill marks. Next time give them a quarter of a turn and you'll get some nice diamond grill marks on them ;) ;D.
That's what it's all about, sharing good food in good company ;).
Give my best to Linda.
Sal, I had to make sure the rice pilaf did not burn.  I was paying attention to the garlic bread at the same time.  I had to run outside to the grill and then back again.  Salmon goes from just right to overdone if one's timing is off.  But I will do the diamond marks next time and send you a photo.
Thanks Daron.  If you lived closer, you could join us.  I owe Bryan a spaghetti and meatball dinner.  Dominick

ChileRelleno

A friend with Salmon, is a friend indeed... Yeah it doesn't rhyme, but its truth none the less.

Dang'it but that looks like a tasty meal, nice job cooking.
Drooling like one of Pavlov's dogs.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

the rockfish ninja

Quote from: Dominick on August 27, 2014, 06:08:28 PM
Quote from: the rockfish ninja on August 27, 2014, 05:33:06 PM
That's funny.  That is one of those miniature grills in the side yard next to the retaining wall.  I'll talk to the high school yearbook photographer to better compose those shots.   ;D ;D Dominick

Paisan don't you dare, that made the shot perfect!!!  ;D
Deadly Sebastes assassin.