B&W Classics

Started by the rockfish ninja, September 06, 2014, 04:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the rockfish ninja

;D Yes cheesy hollywood starlets but I'm a sucker for vintage stuff. But I still don't know what the Babe was doing with an Alvey. ???

Deadly Sebastes assassin.

the rockfish ninja

;)

the rockfish ninja

:)

the rockfish ninja

::)

the rockfish ninja

8)

Shark Hunter

Thanks for sharing those Ninja. I especially like the one of Ruby with the cut off bibs. She looks like she is ready to catch a big one! ;D
Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Cool pics Ninja!

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 06, 2014, 05:23:07 AM
I especially like the one of Ruby with the cut off bibs.

I like the one of Ava in the surf
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

bluefish69

That's not an Alvey. That is an Ol' Delrin Side Winder with a Brass Reel Seat & Shaft for the Spool to ride on. I wish I had one now. The Sharpies still use them for Black Fish here. VERY TREASURED REELS

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

Good eye Mike, I wasn't looking at the Babe or his Ol'delrin, I was more interested in the 5th, 6th and 7th pic of that nice 180 baymaster ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

I loved these.  Thanks for posting.  I am going to borrow Wayne's waders and post pictures of myself in a bathing suit and waders.  I'll hold a rod and reel to soften the photos.  :-* :-*  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bucktail

Those are terrific!  Thanks for sharing.
Just a jig-a-lo

El Pescador

Quote from: Dominick on September 06, 2014, 06:40:01 PM
I loved these.  Thanks for posting.  I am going to borrow Wayne's waders and post pictures of myself in a bathing suit and waders.  :-* :-*  Dominick

AND...   feel free to KEEP the waders     ;D :o   !!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

the rockfish ninja

I loved these.  Thanks for posting.  I am going to borrow Wayne's waders and post pictures of myself in a bathing suit and waders.  I'll hold a rod and reel to soften the photos.  :-* :-*  Dominick

(*Said in a gruff, aging Corleone voice)
Don Dominick, You have my devotion, and you know I would never go against the family...... but......   please... don't blind anybody here.

Shark Hunter

I loved these.  Thanks for posting.  I am going to borrow Wayne's waders and post pictures of myself in a bathing suit and waders.  I'll hold a rod and reel to soften the photos.  :-* :-*  Dominick
I Loved them too Dominick, But Please, NO! :o
Life is Good!

LI Guy

Mike Bluefish, You are half right on the Sidewinder. The old ones were made of Bakelite [ Delrin wasn't yet invented] The new generation winders are made of Delrin, much heavier but way tougher. That reel was probably a Uneeda or a Lucky Brand. If you don't put on a soft backing, like cotton butchers twine the mono would warp the spool badly. Back then they used Cuttyhunk line so it wasn't an issue. And if I'm not mistaken the other fisherman with the Bambino was Lou Gerhig.