Rancanfish stepping aboard

Started by Rancanfish, September 26, 2014, 03:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

I actually was on Bloody Decks site and everyone kept referring to Alan's site. So here I am.

I'm a lousy friend as I have not kept up with Alan, so I had no idea. Last I heard he was getting out of reel repairs, lol.

I actually helped Alan at the San Mateo show one year so I know how crazy it gets for him. And apparently still is!  He taught me how to service my reels many moons ago so I am forever in the teachers debt.

I do all my own plastic lures and jig heads for rockfishing and lings so I'm sure I'll find lots to read here.

So, great site Alan, and if you ever stop to breathe, let's do breakfast like the old days. (If that little place by your house is still open).  Take care Randy P.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rancanfish

Ah, kinda wordy aren't ya. Lol. Thanks. 

I just burned up an hour and a half here.

Good thing I'm self employed!  Off to work.....

foakes

Welcome aboard, Randy --

Lots to learn for all of us --

You probably know how to post pics using photobucket, or similar (not Facebook) -- and everyone involved learns more when photos are used.

Thanks for joining Alan's site -- we look forward to your participation.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Aiala

Greetings, Randy! 

How fortunate you are to have studied reelism with the Boss himself.   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

randy, glad to have you here!  yeah, that little greasy spoon is still open.  swing by sometime!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Rancanfish

Well thank you all for the kind welcome!

Alan, I honestly don't recall it as a greasy spoon. Perhaps you've gone overboard with this Yamaha grease thing!

My season is slowing a bit so I may give you a call somewhat soon to catch up.