Wow that was a close one Chilli - take care bro

joel8080

Get well soon and change your diet.

Joel 8080
Oceanside,California

El Pescador

Chile!!!

Forget the fishing,

do it for your loving wife and your son, he is becoming quite the fisherman!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

gstours

Glad your better pal!  sorry to hear you had a dad day,   sounds like you might yet fish a few more days......thats great,,,,,,our time is coming too......it will be payback time for most all of us "good adviser's"   but make the most of what you got left. and Best Wishes....Make the Devil Wait!!!

floating doc

Sounds like an attention getter, that's for sure. I know that changes in lifestyle are difficult, but we're all pulling for you. Heed the warnings and stick around for a while. Good luck!
Central Florida

Cone

John, I'm glad you are ok!  Take care of yourself.   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Ron Jones

John, glad your alright. Do what the doc says and we'll be prayin'.

This is getting to be to much, guys. Between not hearing from our buddy Lee, Harry in and out of the doc with TIAs and now Johns ticker I'm gonna have to turn to drinkin'. Sure is cool when your family is all over the world. By the by, anyone ever here from our Scandinavian friends?
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

TomT

Chile,
Glad to hear you had not had a heat attack.  I have been thru most of what you are now going thru.  Right now the main thing in your favor is you did not have a heart attack.  My condition was that I had to have a heart bypass, but I did not have heart damage from a heart attack.  My best advice is for you to try to follow your cardiologist's advice.  I am now 10 years post bypass surgery and still going strong.   Our best wishes and prayers.
TomT

Shark Hunter

Quote from: noyb72 on October 09, 2014, 04:04:44 AM
John, glad your alright. Do what the doc says and we'll be prayin'.

This is getting to be to much, guys. Between not hearing from our buddy Lee, Harry in and out of the doc with TIAs and now Johns ticker I'm gonna have to turn to drinkin'. Sure is cool when your family is all over the world. By the by, anyone ever here from our Scandinavian friends?
Ron
Ron,
John will be fine, He's too damn onry to be anything else. Lee is out Hunting deer, that Rascal!
Harry is a testament to this site. He is a good Man and will pull through, I can feel it and I pray for him every night. As far as Karl and the Scandinavian crew. They will be OK. They come and go as they please. I am drinking anyway. ;)
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

I really do appreciate the support here, thanks guys.
I also hope that someone reads this and goes to the ER or calls 911 when they know something isn't right with them.
Don't try to be a tough nut, get checked out... I think I saved my own life by doing so.

I'm doing OK, it was just a close call, something happened but it wasn't a full blown heart attack.
Saw my Cardiologist today, EKG shows differences from last one one about a year & half ago, so something happened to my heart.  
Also did an echocardiogram, get results Fri when I go back for a full Cardiac Stress Test.  
Have to carry Nitro pills with me now, just in case.  
Seeing my Primary Doc in the AM.  
Need to drop 50#, no more daily soda/energy drinks & sharply cut my salt & fats.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

broadway

Hope you're feeling better, Chile. I never believe in quitting anything... just moderate (if you can).
I gotta quit smoking soon... I don't wanna be fishing heaven's pond too early. ;)
Do what the doc says.  If he's wrong you live, if he's right and you leave, you die... I take option A.
Stay well pal,
Dom

Keta

Take care of yourself and do what the doctors say.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Quote from: broadway on October 14, 2014, 01:49:18 PM
Hope you're feeling better, Chile. I never believe in quitting anything... just moderate (if you can).
I gotta quit smoking soon... I don't wanna be fishing heaven's pond too early. ;)
Do what the doc says.  If he's wrong you live, if he's right and you leave, you die... I take option A.
Stay well pal,
Dom
Dom,
Have you tried an e-cig? It makes it a lot easier to quit.
Life is Good!

broadway

I haven't but it's on my Christmas list... any specific one better than the other.
I thought 12 years ago when I switched to rolling my own that it would help me cut down/quit... it just got me really good at rolling. :o
Thanks for the thought, Daron
Dom