Sand Trap

Started by Shark Hunter, October 22, 2014, 11:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Hey Daron --

Those are some of the best before and after pictures I have ever seen.

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes ---

Great work!

What parts did you replace?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tightlines667

I remember saving one of my dad's reels (an older SS) from a similar plight when I was 11 years old...kinda light the reel repair flame in me.  These reels are noteworthy for their ability to rise from the dead.  Good job Daron!  That one looked rough.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

Daron, you da man... Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

I wouldn't be surprised if that reel in its condition would have still been able to catch fish, those are sand mills.
Very nice job cleaning it up, I didn't think it would have came out as it did. ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Nice sand save for a par there Daron. Good work.

Cone

The reel turned out great. Daron! I couldn't have done any better. BTW The only use I've ever found for a golf ball is as a target at the range!
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Shark Hunter

Quote from: foakes on October 26, 2014, 06:16:42 AM
Hey Daron --

Those are some of the best before and after pictures I have ever seen.

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes ---

Great work!

What parts did you replace?

Best,

Fred
None ;D
Life is Good!

foakes

Daron --

Your before and after pictures would have made a powerful advertisement for Penn reels -- of course that would be in the past -- not with the new graphite (technical word for plastic) reels with cheaper innards.

Same thing goes for "hole in the wall" (Dave's) Penn Squidder restoration.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

johndtuttle

MFB

Nice work Sharky.

Rgds

Mark

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Shark Hunter

Thanks Everyone for the positive comments. ;)
Life is Good!

Rancanfish

I know this is a little late but, that is incredible!   I am a big fan of small reels and to see that thing back from what is basically the dead, wow.

I don't have a single SS but this sure increases my appreciation for them.  Along with those tiny Dam Quicks of Foakes.

Almost makes me want to pick one up just to play with.  Ah, I can't though until I make some room in the garage. 

Much respect Shark Hunter. 
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Steve-O

Nice recovery job on the Penn Spinner.

hmmmmmm.....Budweiser and Glucosamine?.......which one do you find is the better joint conditioner? I'm using Osteo Bioflex for my knees. As I recall from many years ago the Bud made them feel good but kinda wobbly at times. :o ;D :D

Shark Hunter

The Glucosamine when I'm at work, The Bud when I'm not. ;D
I pulled something in my shoulder last summer. The Glucosamine really helped. I haven't taken it in about 6 months.
Life is Good!