Penn Surfmaster 200 Narrowed or a 100 Reel with a 200 Rt. Side Plate?

Started by El Pescador, October 25, 2014, 03:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

;D ;D.
You're right Wayne, I'm always buying accessories only to have my helper lose them, they're not cheap.
Good luck on that trip and make sure Dominick behaves.
Good job on that Surfmaster ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I expect a full report Wayne. Be safe and Make Sure Dominick doesn't pack the speedos. ::)
Godspeed! Brother! ;)
Life is Good!

El Pescador

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

El Pescador

I'm back!!!!  Finally able to get the needed parts for the Surfmaster 100, after traveling to NYC to visit our Beautiful Granddaughter!!!

Dominick tells me I was one block away from Broadway Dom (the corner of Spring St. & Broadway).

Anywho, back to my project...

Did most of the upgrades, still need to obtain a Delrin washer from Dawn & a steel main gear, but for now, the reel is highly fishable.

AND BTW  Who was the Penn Mensa Student who decided to use a copper strip for a dog spring???  Getting this piece into the right side plate left me in a ball of sweat (and it's 52 degrees in my garage) and off the chart blood pressure!!!  Followed instructions from this posting:

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2101.15

Finally got it installed...

But finally, DONE, DONE and DONE!!!!

And I think this will be my new Rockfish & Lingcod reel, and retire my Daiwa Sealine 27H to "Buddy Reel" status!!!!!

Per usual, like when I change a spark plug on a lawnmower, I have a small box of leftover parts!!!!

Same issue here, anyone want these leftover parts????

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Black Pearl

You forgot one more part. It is my custom sleeve spacer.

Quote from: El Pescador on December 31, 2014, 11:25:19 PM
I'm back!!!!  Finally able to get the needed parts for the Surfmaster 100, after traveling to NYC to visit our Beautiful Granddaughter!!!

Dominick tells me I was one block away from Broadway Dom (the corner of Spring St. & Broadway).

Any who, back to my project...

Did most of the upgrades, still need to obtain a Delrin washer from Dawn & a steel main gear, but for now, the reel is highly fishable.

AND BTW  Who was the Penn Mensa Student who decided to use a copper strip for a dog spring???  Getting this piece into the right side plate left me in a ball of sweat (and it's 52 degrees in my garage) and off the chart blood pressure!!!  Followed instructions from this posting:

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2101.15

Finally got it installed...

But finally, DONE, DONE and DONE!!!!

And I think this will be my new Rockfish & Lingcod reel, and retire my Daiwa Sealine 27H to "Buddy Reel" status!!!!!

Per usual, like when I change a spark plug on a lawn mower, I have a small box of left over parts!!!!

Same issue here, anyone want these left over parts????

Shark Hunter

Good Work Wayne! ;D
She is Beautiful!
You think that little brass spring is tough. The little 99 coiled spring is a real treat if you don't have the knack.
Life is Good!

mike1010

Here's a youtube video from Scott's that shows a slightly different approach to getting the surfmaster dog spring back in without losing your mind.  I found it useful.

--Mike

Bryan Young

Is the width of the posts on the 100 the same as the 501 and 506?  I have yet got my hands on a 100 or a 200 for that matter.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 16, 2015, 08:45:16 PM
Is the width of the posts on the 100 the same as the 501 and 506?  I have yet got my hands on a 100 or a 200 for that matter.
Yes, the 100 shares the same stand ( 30-49 ) as the 501 and 506.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.