Unusual Aluminum 501 Spool

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, November 02, 2014, 10:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

That is so true Dominick. Sal finally taught me the way and I have been sending parts to people all over the world. If I don't need it, I give it. ;) Comes back 10 fold! ;D
I just sent a guy a set of gears for a 114H to Tasmania. He was thrilled! ;D I have a get well package on the way to my Man Harry! I wish I could be there when he opens it! ;)
All I Have is 24-57 two Hole. These are from the 114H. Scott's sells these for $34! Wow! :o
Life is Good!

Rothmar2

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 05, 2014, 06:21:50 AM
I just sent a guy a set of gears for a 114H to Tasmania. He was thrilled! ;D I have a get well package on the way to my Man Harry! I wish I could be there when he opens it! ;)

Who was that? Someone else in Tas cares about the old Senators?! I gotta meet this guy.

Shark Hunter

It was Mr. Jason Groombridge. I felt guilty for making him wait so long. I couldn't figure out which was the 9/0 pinion or the 114H. I finally tore a couple reels apart and sent him what he needed.
He has to be the most patient individual I have ever met here besides the Boss. He was rewarded and so was I by his patience and the feeling of making someone Happy, and by getting their reel working again. Compliments of Alantani.com!
Life is Good!

Rothmar2

You're a gentleman Shark Hunter. May you live to be 100 and still reeling in big bities. Sorry for taking this off topic.

Tiddlerbasher

Shark Hunter

Alright Guys. That's the highest praise I think I can get! ;D You are getting me all teary eyed. :'(
:D :D :D
Life is Good!

broadway

Being good at reel tinkering is great... being good at life is greatness ;) You're doing good things, Daron ;)
I have to agree that the person who taught me this way of life is our CEO, Alan T.
It's a good way to be and makes me feel good... Thanks Alan!
Dom

Alto Mare

I received the spool, thanks Randy. At times when you need it done, you need to do it yourself.
From my first inspection, I noticed a little rub mark onone edge, I got a little concerned so I decided to mount it on my accurate.
The spool is spinning perfectly, I'm actually amazed that it isn't rubbing anywhere, this thing is crazy tight to the plate.

I used black Pearl's spacer bars to test it and I kind of like the look, there is 1/8" of space on the plate by the gear, but that could also be a good thing, as to let heat escape. I could find a way to seal it, but for now this is how I'm going to leave it.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

handi2

Sal that's an awesome looking reel..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

broadway

Sal,
   Glad you got that baby... You knew you could turn it into something special and you did. Nice job!
Are ya gonna fish her or to the plinth she goes?
Enjoy her,
Dom

fIsHsTiiCkS

NICE!! Great match up with the accuplates. The spool looks more shallow than a standard 501. Is it?