Unusual Aluminum 501 Spool

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, November 02, 2014, 10:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Someone spent some time on this.  It appears to have been machined from a solid piece of aluminum.  I've never seen another like it.  It spins beautifully, but it's a bit on the heavy side.  Does anyone know who might have made it?

Alto Mare

Amazing! May I ask where you got it from?

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

It came in a 501 Accurate conversion.

Alto Mare

If its for sale, what do you need to have for it?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I would love to trade it for a nice Newell spool for the Bluefin Special if you have one that you would be willing to cut loose.  I've had it for ten years or so and I hadn't thought about selling it.

Alto Mare

No, I don't have any of those, sorry. I'm a Penn guy, all I have is one Newell 220 and I couldn't trade it for anything.
...This is to everyone else.
If any of you are interested in this spool and you happen to have what he needs, please don't feel bad about it, go for it!
Sal

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks putting the word out for me Sal.  I'm a Penn guy too, but growing up in So. Cal., we were suckers for the latest aftermarket trick parts for our Penns from Newell, Lee Pro, Baja Pacific and Accurate.  I still have a pretty good stash of all of that stuff.

Tightlines667

I was I still had my Newell spool...alas I sold it when I finished selling my converted Newell.  PM newel nut or visit the Ulua Huntas website.  Some should have what your looking for.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

fIsHsTiiCkS

i have the 99 yellowfin newell spool.

Bryan Young

Let me see if I can find one for you and my buddy Sal.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on November 03, 2014, 04:00:32 AM

Thanks Jason, but I need the Bluefin spool for the 2 3/4" wide 112H kit.  Did you get the Magnum Accuplates photos?  I emailed them to you today.

Keta

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on November 03, 2014, 07:13:31 AM
Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on November 03, 2014, 04:00:32 AM

Thanks Jason, but I need the Bluefin spool for the 2 3/4" wide 112H kit. 

I will measure the spool I have to see if it's 2-3/4" wide.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Vintage Offshore Tackle

The spool width is a hair over 2.75".  The frame width is 2.75".

Bryan Young

Ping fishing buddies in Hawaii...and so response.  Sorry.  There was a set 2 months ago...if I knew, I would have jumped on it.  Sorry.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D