Fascinating Web Site - happy to join!

Started by ebraker, November 13, 2014, 05:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebraker

ebraker is pronounced "eee-braker", a nickname holdover from my Special Stage rallying a few years back.  Did lots of eee-braking to keep the race car on the road and upright (mostly).  My other intense hobby is fishing in the Northwestern US - home river is the Siuslaw around Florence, OR.  Returned home to Oregon after a 40yr absence in the USAF and So Cal aerospace, and am now heavily involved in our Salmon Trout Enhancement Program within which we have a volunteer force that annually puts over 4 million Salmon and Steelhead in our rivers and bays, conducts extensive riparian conservation, and operates adult/youth education about Trout and Salmonids. This gives me opportunity to fish many Coastal rivers, bays, and lakes (like Siltcoos and Takenitch where large runs of wild Coho are available), and the near shore Pacific.  Will have to give up on the car thing soon, but fishing never ends - good knots and tight lines are the secret.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

Welcome aboard ebraker - that's great work you're doing.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

foakes

Welcome, ebraker --

Hats off to the conservation and fish reintroduction volunteer work you are doing -- so important to give back more than we take out...

Since you were involved in aerospace -- wasn't that comet landing of the Probe from the European Space Agency fantastic?  What math and engineering!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bryan Young

Welcome eBraker.  Thank you for keeping our fishing alive for generations to come.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn