Long Beach 66

Started by Newell Nut, November 20, 2014, 03:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 15, 2014, 08:56:24 AM
What? Only one dog and no stainless sleeve? :D

No not on this guy. Keeping its as stock as I can for now. Maybe later ;)

Newell Nut

The nice thing about the older Long Beaches like this one is the steel gear. Really tough little reels and simple with no bling.

Alto Mare

Very nice Jason, I wish I had a reel pile in my garage ;D. I bet the drags feel nice and smooth. From my testings, keeping the delrin washer apro. 2 mm away from the edge of the main gear teeth, you will be just fine with the dogs. That is how I like mine.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Normslanding

Very nice, and a SS spool. A handle from Alan and it's a great bottom fishing reel. Stock handle is good to.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 15, 2014, 11:41:14 AM
Very nice Jason, I wish I had a reel pile in my garage ;D. I bet the drags feel nice and smooth. From my testings, keeping the delrin washer apro. 2 mm away from the edge of the main gear teeth, you will be just fine with the dogs. That is how I like mine.
Sal

Ill trade my reel pile for your reel cabin  ;D

Alto Mare

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on December 15, 2014, 02:16:02 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on December 15, 2014, 11:41:14 AM
Sal

Ill trade my reel pile for your reel cabin  ;D
;D ;D...I think I'll pass on that ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

day0ne

Quote from: George4741 on November 25, 2014, 01:22:05 PM
Will any of the Newell bars fit the Long Beach 66?  If so, then four of the posts could be replaced with them. 

It's possible but you  will have to drill and tap a couple of holes. I know for a fact that the 113H Senator II bars will work in a 67 by drilling and tapping two holes in each bar (one on either side). This leaves the bottom post intact. A very easy job with a small drill press from Harbor freight.  A 113 aluminum spool also fits a 67.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Shark Hunter

I'm not trying to rub it in Keith, but this came today. ;)
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Daron,

Seems like it's just like Christamas at least twice a week at your household.  Remember this is the season if giving :)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Oh,
I'm Giving, In more ways that you know. ;)
What goes around, comes around brother! ;D
Merry Christmas! :-*
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 16, 2014, 02:03:28 AM
Oh,
I'm Giving, In more ways that you know. ;)
What goes around, comes around brother! ;D
Merry Christmas! :-*

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on December 15, 2014, 02:45:28 AM
All this talk about long beaches made me dig into the reel pile I have in the garage. Got a bunch of reels in a big box from a yard sale been going through them. I knew I had one but never had any reason to fix her up.

This reel is definietley not as beefy as the 66 but its a cool little reel.
It could be ;D
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=6003.msg50174#msg50174

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 16, 2014, 11:15:42 AM
Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on December 15, 2014, 02:45:28 AM
All this talk about long beaches made me dig into the reel pile I have in the garage. Got a bunch of reels in a big box from a yard sale been going through them. I knew I had one but never had any reason to fix her up.

This reel is definietley not as beefy as the 66 but its a cool little reel.
It could be ;D
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=6003.msg50174#msg50174

Nice job as always!! But as you said in that thread the 2/0 already has that.  ;D

With SS sleeve and 5 stack and delrin washer  ;)

Alto Mare

Here is my Longbeach 60
This one is in excellent condition and it will stay a is.
I love these side plates.

Maxed Out

Those are my favorites also Sal. The etched side plate long beach reels are from the mid 30's to early 50's and when you find one in nice condition it's almost a sin to go use it or do any modifications to the original parts. I see yours still has the original bearing with no part number, which tells me it is factory original. Definitely a keeper.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!