Grandpa's Basement

Started by coastal_dan, November 25, 2014, 02:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Quote from: MarkT on November 27, 2014, 03:39:09 AM
My youngest son, the fisherman, says he's inheriting all my fishing gear.  I told him I really can take it with me when I go... I'm getting a really big casket.  He said, "Dad, you can't do that to me!", well, we'll see!

Reminds me of the time I mentioned to my wife that I wanted to be cremated when the time came --

Without missing a beat, and with a straight face, she asked me...

"Would you like that professionally done -- or can I use the BBQ pit?".

True story...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Aiala

Quote from: foakes on December 04, 2014, 06:21:58 PM
"Would you like that professionally done -- or can I use the BBQ pit?".

Mrs. Fred sounds waaay cool.   :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bucktail

Can't remember a time when Macy's sold fishing gear, but that is very cool!
Just a jig-a-lo

Dominick

Hey...anymore stuff in the basement?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

coastal_dan

There surely is, I just need to get back there to get it.  I'm also really enjoying using some of his old tools.  Just finished this little project for my daughters 2nd birthday tomorrow...wouldn't have been possible without his tools :) Again crappy cell phone pics  ::)

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

coastal_dan

Ok, I was able to get over there on Saturday not much left, but I set this stuff aside to hold onto.

And I started dismantling the Penn Delmar last night....fun doing this again.

Dan from Philadelphia...

basto

Great stuff! The 710 greenie reminded me of my first serious spin reel which was a 711 greenie. just a 710 with the handle on the other side.
I caught my first tuna from the rocks with it....about 15kg.
cheers
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

coastal_dan

That's awesome, I really like this little reel.  I think I'm going to start fishing it rather than just leave it on the shelf.  It feels way more solid than my Quantum Boca and Okuma Cedros spinners...now to look into new drags and a little grease for it  :D
Dan from Philadelphia...