114 wides

Started by Shark Hunter, November 29, 2014, 06:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Thought I would spend the evening with some old friends. My 114 HLW's. I remember I had an issue with one of the spacers.
I bought some new handles for my ss series that the seller said the handles were all loctited. They were not. I better check these too as they were from the same seller.
Just as I suspected. These handles need Loctite on the handle itself screw and there is another hex screw in the top that needs it as well. Decided to swap a few parts here and there on the WEX and a full frame. Both have BP Hex Gears, Double ss dogs and springs, yokes and these ss handle arms with aluminum grips. The big one on the WEX was a gift from Sal. Some reel X on the handle bearing and blue Loctite will help me sleep better.
I have another WEX on the way in Purple, need to refresh my memory a tad before it gets here.
This half frame I kept stock with steel gears, ss sleeve and dog, stock 5 stack and Keta Krank.
Life is Good!

harryk3616

boy some reel nice looking reels there daron, beautiful, tight lines with them buddy.

Maxed Out

Daron, You have too many nice reels !!! Perhaps you could send me a few before they put you in a padded cell for your addiction.

Ha ha, just the jealous side of me talking. Nice reels Daron

BTW, I thought you were in Kentucky. What's with the beer from Milwaukee sitting on your workbench ??? Isn't Kentucky famous for Whiskey and horse races ??? lol

Stay thirsty my friend
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

That Giant Power Handle is free to whoever wants it. I have no use for it. It looks brand new. Just pay for the shipping.
Life is Good!

cwillis85

On second thought this handle would probably do me more harm than good on my almost stock reel. I will pass on it and let someone who can better use it take advantage  of Daron's offer.
Chris

handi2

Daron which handles did not have the Loctite?
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Max Doubt on November 29, 2014, 06:27:52 PM
Daron, You have too many nice reels !!! Perhaps you could send me a few before they put you in a padded cell for your addiction.

Ha ha, just the jealous side of me talking. Nice reels Daron

BTW, I thought you were in Kentucky. What's with the beer from Milwaukee sitting on your workbench ??? Isn't Kentucky famous for Whiskey and horse races ??? lol

Stay thirsty my friend
Yes Ted,
The Bourbon trail and The Kentucky Derby. Never was much for Gambling and I have had my fill of the Bourbon. ::)
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Quote from: handi2 on November 29, 2014, 07:18:21 PM
The aluminum handles from fishingreel79. The Handle screw that goes through the bearing and the arm is a no brainer, but there is the angled allen bolt that goes through the handle too on the other end.
You can see it inside the Handle in the second pic of the WEX.
BTW, I mailed your check yesterday. ;)
Dominick has this style on his tank, and it has backed off on him. I am using the Blue Loctite.
Hours of preparation pay off in the fight. ;D
Alan's Kokelar Handles use all stainless screws and are very tight. I just use it on the Handle screw on his.
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

I see a very nice 114HLW showed up for auction today on eabay, just in case you need another one Daron. It is the same as the one you have with the red letters on the one piece frame, and it looks like new. I don't see those very often on ebay. They are great reels for the price.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

handi2

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 29, 2014, 07:25:26 PM
Quote from: handi2 on November 29, 2014, 07:18:21 PM
The aluminum handles from fishingreel79. The Handle screw that goes through the bearing and the arm is a no brainer, but there is the angled allen bolt that goes through the handle too on the other end.
You can see it inside the Handle in the second pic of the WEX.
BTW, I mailed your check yesterday. ;)
Dominick has this style on his tank, and it has backed off on him. I am using the Blue Loctite.
Hours of preparation pay off in the fight. ;D
Alan's Kokelar Handles use all stainless screws and are very tight. I just use it on the Handle screw on his.

I gotcha. It's the smaller bolt that is supposed to come with a lock washer. They are the same handles I sell.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

I bought this purple WEX instead. I don't know where a purple one came from, but they are pretty rare.
Now my Silver one has a girlfriend. ;D
Life is Good!

Aiala

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 29, 2014, 10:57:00 PM
I bought this purple WEX instead.

Oooooh, PRETTY!!! I want one just like it.   ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

DaBigOno

Very impressive collection of 114H's
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Aiala on November 29, 2014, 11:48:52 PM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 29, 2014, 10:57:00 PM
I bought this purple WEX instead.

Oooooh, PRETTY!!! I want one just like it.   ;D

~A~
Aiala,
This one is just as rare as the 440 ss that eludes us. This one just required a little more change. ;)
Life is Good!

Aiala

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 30, 2014, 04:46:07 AM
Aiala, This one is just as rare as the 440 ss that eludes us. This one just required a little more change. ;)

Ugh, that pesky 440SS... Do you know, I haven't even seen one for sale?? Lord only knows what it'd cost...  :P

BTW, Mr. Shark, what does "WEX" stand for? I'm not familiar with that designation.  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D