98-60AT gear sleeve for a "grouper special" lite

Started by Wally15, December 04, 2014, 12:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowdyW

Hi Ron, I don't think a Newell set up is any cheaper then a Tib or Acc frame. Your buying the Newell base, clamp,spacers, etc, & by the time you are done a used Tib or ACC frame is the same price. I've got four of them & they were all under $55.00. Two of them are Tib frames that are topless. Just got to wait for the right deals. And I know that those frames are much stronger then a Newell setup, especially if you are building it with no top bar.     RUDY   ps Have you seen the prices lately for Newell parts. People must think they are made of gold.

Ron Jones

Newell gear is the same as old car gear. If you buy the whole reel you can get the parts cheap. I recently bought 2 YTS and an albacore special and a 501 w/ full Newell kits for $120.oo OTD. I'm certain the one piece frames are stronger than a Newell but I've NEVER heard of a Newell kit failing and so I'm good with them being strong and rigid enough.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"