Introduction from Tennessee

Started by MidTNKayakAngler, December 10, 2014, 03:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MidTNKayakAngler

I've been browsing these forums for a few weeks and the knowledge here is unbelievable. I'm not much of a poster, mainly a reader, so I thought I would introduce myself.

My wife and I fish from kayaks and we run a local kayak bass fishing tournament series, we also travel all over the U.S. fishing other tournaments, and fish for fun.

I know this forum mostly consists of offshore saltwater anglers, and we do like to fish saltwater, but use our larger freshwater gear. We take a couple trip to Louisiana, South Carolina, and Florida each year fishing saltwater.

I've been doing my own basic maintenance for years, but nothing ever to in depth until recently. I've started cutting my own drags, polishing, and doing complete cleanings. We've also turned a spare room of our home into our little hobby room where I have a bench for working on reels, and my wife has a bench for painting baits. It's a place we can both hang out, talk, listen to music, and do what we enjoy.

foakes

Welcome, and thanks for sharing!

Looks like you and your wife have a great hobby and mutual interest that works very well.

Thanks for the introduction -- and we look forward to your posts.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

BMITCH

Really nice! Welcome to you and your wife. Nice to see that you have a shared intrest. Makes it that much more fun.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

bluefish69

A very warm welcome to you & your wife. Those are nice little work areas but the more you hang around here the bigger they will grow.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Looks like a Match made in Heaven! ;D
Welcome! and enjoy! ;)
Life is Good!

Aiala

Greetings! 

That minnow is beautiful... your missus is an artist!   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

DaBigOno

Aloha!    Wecome to you both

Nice work shops.   Thanks for the pics, we love pics!!   :)
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

alantani

you're lucky.  my wife's allergic to fish!  welcome!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Welcome, you will like it here. I don't get it how you guys keep your bench so clean :-\

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

MidTNKayakAngler

Thanks for the warm welcomes. She fished before we got together 17 years ago, married for 11. We're both very OCD about organization and cleanliness. No kids just a Chocolate Lab that is about to turn 10 years.

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on December 10, 2014, 09:55:33 PM
you're lucky.  my wife's allergic to fish!  welcome!!!!!!
Your lucky, my wife is allergic to me.  ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Welcome MidTNKayakAngler .

Nice bench and set-up. 

Ah, a man of many talents. 

Good to have you here.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D