Shimano Stella drag?

Started by Nicko_Cairns, December 30, 2014, 07:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicko_Cairns

Hi guys,

Hope this is the correct location for this question. I opened up my stella sw8000hg the other day and snapped the drag washer at the bottom of the spool (under the main drag assembly), it was thin and very brittle.

Will carbontex go okay in these reels, or should I order the factory washers? I read on another forum that they use/used felt, so it is better to replace the washers with factory ones? This one looked more like a waifer thin carbontex washer to me.. This is the first time I've serviced the reel as I got it a while ago second hand (shoukd have serviced it straight away!) and I think the first one in its life since 2010.. Just my opinion after looking inside.

I don't know a lot about carbontex but I can't see why it wouldn't be good in these reels?

Thank you!

fIsHsTiiCkS

Carbontex will work GREAT in the reel. I would replace all the fiber washers with the CF ones. Grease them up and you will be good to go.

Nicko_Cairns

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on December 30, 2014, 07:22:38 AM
Carbontex will work GREAT in the reel. I would replace all the fiber washers with the CF ones. Grease them up and you will be good to go.

Great, thanks mate!