113h gear insert and drag washers

Started by Three se7ens, January 09, 2015, 02:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: Robert Janssen on January 09, 2015, 08:50:25 AM
Well done. Really nice.

Quote from: Alto Mare
I just remembered that on page #3 here I had a similar idea and Doc didn't like it, but I never asked why.  Maybe he was talking about soldering the parts together...

Yes, it was something I did once, installing six pins directly to the inside of the gear, by soldering them? Or did i screw them through the bottom of the gear? I forget now, but it wasn't worth the effort. Too much work. I thought that was what you meant.

Doc, I never questioned it, the reason being that when you talk, I listen ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

I just read this thread....THIS IS VERY EXCITING!!! I hope this makes it to us.
luck is the residue of design.

Three se7ens

Quote from: Robert Janssen on January 09, 2015, 08:50:25 AM
Well done. Really nice.

It is difficult for me to gauge size from the pics, but it may be of interest to try to minimize the insert's impact on the keyed washers maximum diameter. IE reduce the wall thickness / internal spline tooth height as much as possible, but i suppose you know that already. Really nice and clean anyway.

It's pretty small, especially considering the detail.  Th wall thickness is only 0.060" and the splines are the same.  There just not much room to work with on such a small reel. The larger reels will be more ideal.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

fIsHsTiiCkS

Sal hurry up and test these I won't one  ;D

Alto Mare

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on January 09, 2015, 11:43:29 PM
Sal hurry up and test these I won't one  ;D

Ok, if you won't want one you won't get one ;D

fIsHsTiiCkS

BMITCH

I soooooooo want a couple of these. Only problem will be cutting the cf to fit. Well worth it though. Can't wait to see what Sal does with these!
luck is the residue of design.

Tightlines667

May need to find soneone with acess to a cutter to have a bunch of CF washers cut.  It would be great to offer these gear inserts as 'complete sets' with precut CF and SS washers as well.  Just a thought.  I may be putting the cart in front but this looks like a promisimg design to me.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

I'm pretty Sure Adam will be making these as a kit like Bryan does. The washers and drags will be included.
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

Quote from: Tightlines666 on January 10, 2015, 01:26:10 AM
May need to find soneone with acess to a cutter to have a bunch of CF washers cut.  It would be great to offer these gear inserts as 'complete sets' with precut CF and SS washers as well.  Just a thought.  I may be putting the cart in front but this looks like a promisimg design to me.

My plan from the beginning was to offer this as a kit .  Both the carbon fiber and metal washers are specific to this kit due to the special sizes.

fIsHsTiiCkS

That is the best route to go. Esp. For the CF washers. As I can see myself fumbling to make those right.