Never intrduced myself(sorry)

Started by bob v, January 30, 2015, 02:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob v

Hello all,
      My name is Bob Veasey (bob v) and I live in Bear Delaware. I apologize for not introducing myself earlier but, I just got so carried away learning so much new stuff it slipped my mind. I'm currently resurrecting some of my and my Fathers old Penn's and Quick's and can't believe what difference a little tweaking can do. I hate to say it but I'm afraid I've developed a new addiction! Thanks, and hope to see and talk to you soon.....bob v

Bryan Young

Welcome Bob V.  You are in good company...you'd better make some room in your Man Cave, because it can only get better.  ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

Welcome, Bob --

Your dad knew good equipment!

Look forward to your picture posts.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

harryk3616

hi  bob  welcome to your new addiction, you will enjoy your stay and visit this site constantly, a bunch of great guys and gals here.  long island  ny

Alto Mare

Welcome Bob V, my boat is down the street from you, in Elkton MD. I'm from PA and fish the NE Chesapeake... when I get a chance.
Paid $50 for my MD license and only fished once there last year :-\.

Enjoy your stay.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bob v

Well Sal, we'll have to see about getting that boat out on the water a little more this year. I'm retired and can go whenever. I'll give you my contact info....bob v

alantani

welcome!  i usually recommend that guys tear down these older reels, replace the old drags with carbon fiber, clean them up, add a light coat of grease and then put them back together.  you've spend a minimal amount of money and you'll now get a chance to see how the reel fishes. don't jump right into new parts and upgrades.  you can spend alot of money pretty quickly if you're not careful. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Quote from: bob v on January 30, 2015, 03:40:23 PM
Well Sal, we'll have to see about getting that boat out on the water a little more this year. I'm retired and can go whenever. I'll give you my contact info....bob v

I'm not doing much now, but that doesn't help at the moment. I'm already getting lots of projects lined up for the spring, and those have to come first. College tuition cleaned me out pretty good and now I need to recoup a bit.
I will definitely give you a ring when i'm headed down, if you like the older Penn, no need to bring gear if you didn't want, I have enough to cover us.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

bob v

Quote from: alantani on January 30, 2015, 04:07:07 PM
welcome!  i usually recommend that guys tear down these older reels, replace the old drags with carbon fiber, clean them up, add a light coat of grease and then put them back together.  you've spend a minimal amount of money and you'll now get a chance to see how the reel fishes. don't jump right into new parts and upgrades.  you can spend alot of money pretty quickly if you're not careful. 
Yep Alan, that's just what I did. Got some new drag washers, cleaned and lubed the bearings( they were still in good shape) cleaned them meticulously, kind of anal about that. Figure as long as your going to the trouble to tear it down, might as well do it right. Bought a few old Squidder war horses and am now putting something together.  Just having fun.....bob v

alantani

good to hear.  gotta be careful with these guys.  they'll have you dipping into your retirement fund to hotrod these reel before you realize it!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

You could try all you want boss, but you already know that eventually he'll be asking where to get the cool stainless steel parts and your nice handles, they all do ;) .

bob v

Actually Sal, I'm interested in these Delrin washers. Maybe you can help me with those.....bob v