Small boat/kayak conventional reel opinions?

Started by coastal_dan, February 06, 2015, 06:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

That little Fury looks pretty cool Dan. It does however look like its all Handle! :D
I'll stick with the Surfmasters.
You can pick up a 200 on the cheap. Slap in a 29L-100 spool, ss posts, 5 stack and a old school power handle and put the $100 left over in your pocket.
Granted its not an Accurate, but if I lose it, I have plenty more just like it. ;)
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

Quote from: redfish12 on March 31, 2015, 02:59:37 AM
Looks like you kinda went full circle on that and went back to an Avet SX like reel (but on steroids!). Looks like an awesome reel!

Yeah...don't look at me that way  :D  I did go back and read this thread and this reel doesn't really meet any of my original criteria...sigh

After buying 3 different reels and handling about 10 I just kind of feel head over heals for this little guy.  Hind sight being 20/20 I probably should have kept my Avet, but now I feel like I did my time in searching/touching/testing and this type of reel does suit my needs the best.

Funny how somethings you just have to learn the hard way.

Daron - Yeah, I hear you.  I did a few side jobs and realized it was now or never.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

steelfish

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 31, 2015, 08:30:17 AM
....... It does however look like its all Handle! :D

LOL my exact thoughts.. where is the rest of the reel?

pure envy on my side, this looks like a winner, it just that looks too small, but that is the moto right now.

The Baja Guy

thorhammer

jig-guy

Simple Penn 501 or 500 well serviced with carbontex smooooth drag washers and Cal's tan grease in the not so cool places on earth. 62 years of experiance with these old simple reels that have always worked for me.