Main Menu

more snow

Started by Alto Mare, February 14, 2015, 08:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryk3616

well we lucked out, the storm took a turn for the better, i guess we got an inch of snow, streets are down to the pavement, still windy.  it just seems the weather forecasters and the news people get their jollies terrorizing the public, i don't know if boston was as lucky.  being close to the water ,we luck out alot of times with the water temps.  hope all is safe, have a great sunday

Keta

Weather is hard to predict and they feel over kill is better than under.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

16 degree high today, with wind gusts up to 60 MPH ::). I put the fire on at 4:30 AM in case we lose power, all is good so far. :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Keta

Be careful the chill factor makes it deadly outside.  I was trapping in -35° with 25mph wind and nearly froze.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Capt Ahab

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 15, 2015, 04:11:02 PM
16 degree high today, with wind gusts up to 60 MPH ::). I put the fire on at 4:30 AM in case we lose power, all is good so far. :-\

I hate this weather - same here

mike1010

Boston had close to a couple of feet of new snow last time I checked.  Very rough.  I'm in Summit, NJ, tucked in behind the NY bight.  Not that it's a sure thing, but we often escape the worst of coastal storms as they track east against Long Island.   (Knock, knock.)  Having said that, the wind was a b*tch last night and today, plumes of snow streaming off of roofs.

Alto Mare

My daughter sent me a pic of her building in Boston, she's on the top floor.

Too bad she took it after they removed a huge icicle from the corner of the building, she was getting water through the wall.
Looks like they're all doing fine.

On another note, its 2 degrees here at the moment and -16 wind chill. I heard on Fox local news they couldn't interwiew anyone this morning at the bus stop, their lips wouldn't move ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

DaBigOno

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 16, 2015, 01:53:58 PM
I heard on Fox local news they couldn't interwiew anyone this morning at the bus stop, their lips wouldn't move

:D :D :D

That's too cold!

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

BMITCH

Yeah Sal, it was -7 this A.M. I don't even want to guess what the wind chill was at. My dog doesn't want to go out in this. I gotta force her and she only lasts about 5 min. And that's with her boots and coat on. This is some scary weather. Stay warm.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

I get chills just looking at the pictures and hearing how cold it is.  Stay warm and safe my friends.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Ok, now I'm sick of the snow, we got 6" last night.
I must say though, I'm not sure its related to the cold temperature, but it sure looks beautiful. It is still coming down, but in ice chips, the snow appears to be covered with diamonds.
I took a couple of pics, but doesn't do it justice, I'm not sure you could see it.

Sal

harryk3616

i can see the ice chips pretty but yuck,  we got around 4 in. and still coming down, enough already,  more snow, freezing temps, hate it,  but i saw the news last night, people had snow blowers cleaning off their roofs in boston, they have a bigger problem than we do,  my nephew in georgia lost power 11;30 last night and is still out  due to ice storm, no coffee no heat. stay safe all

Keta

We get snow like that when it's well below freezing. 

Mark Twain

fsrmn

My sister-in law is in Northern PA. She said it was 26 below with the wind factor.  :o
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.