Main Menu

more snow

Started by Alto Mare, February 14, 2015, 08:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchydong

Back to the 80s for us today. Life is good again.  ;D

BMITCH

Just got in from clearing the drive way. This is what you would call crappy snow. The snow is so deep right now you need to pick up and throw the shovel full over the previous mound in order to clear it. One or two more good storms and than the snow blower will have trouble clearing it away. That's when I get in the truck with the garage door closed and just let it run  :-[ it will get warmer :)
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to go to work every day. My Neighbor across the street hasn't left his house all week or shoveled his driveway. He parks a car right in front of my House. Its not that he is old or retired. Just a Bum that mooches off his in laws.
I just got done shoveling it in. ;D
Life is Good!

Keta

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 22, 2015, 05:22:26 PM
Just a Bum that mooches off his in laws.
I just got done shoveling it in. ;D

Reminds me of when I lived in town with our garage on a dead end alley.  The wind blew a 3'-4' drift down the alley and being the last one on the alley had to shovel the entire thing to get out.  My neighbors watched the entire time.  I moved the snow being carefully to not to put it in front of my neighbors garages.   When I got  home from work that evening all of the snow in front of their garages was shoveled into the alley I just shoveled.  I took my shovel and returned the favor.  A week later it happened again and I was not so careful about where the snow went this time, well I did make sure it was in front of their garage doors, and then dumped water on the snow.   It got well below freezing for the next week and I think they learned.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Wally15

Quote from: alantani on February 20, 2015, 03:39:47 AM
Quote from: Unutt on February 20, 2015, 03:38:40 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 19, 2015, 07:37:56 AM
We are getting some of this storm Octavia now. I don't know how you bay guys do it. I have lived in this area all my life and if we get 10" of snow, it pretty much shuts the place down.
We got 6" of the white stuff on Monday. Another 4" this morning. The wind chill is -20.
The actual temp tonight is supposed to be -11 without the wind chill.
I am ready to move South! ::)

Don't do it Shark Hunter.  It is 9:30 p here in Dallas, and it is already down to 62.  It is only going to get to 72 tomorrow. With rain no less.  Where are my coveralls when I need them.

Wally15

ok, now THAT'S funny.......

I resemble that remark  ;D You guys are supposed to be picking on Big Tim. That 99 is coming to GA!
The ORIGINAL One Five
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Unutt

I hope I did not speak too soon.

It is 40 here in Dallas and raining cats and dogs.  Rumor is upper 20s tomorrow.  Sounds like ice day to me.

Now would be a good time for you to come on down, SharkHunter.  We can head to a power plant lake and fish in 85 degree water.  If you don't mind fog as thick as pea soup, that is.

Unutt (or not so original One Five)

By the way One Five, I was not trying to scam your name, just your reel.  Post a pic when you get it!

So many reels, so little time.

alantani

you guys are too funny!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Unutt on February 22, 2015, 08:40:11 PM
I hope I did not speak too soon.

It is 40 here in Dallas and raining cats and dogs.  Rumor is upper 20s tomorrow.  Sounds like ice day to me.

Now would be a good time for you to come on down, SharkHunter.  We can head to a power plant lake and fish in 85 degree water.  If you don't mind fog as thick as pea soup, that is.

Unutt (or not so original One Five)

By the way One Five, I was not trying to scam your name, just your reel.  Post a pic when you get it!

I guess you won't need any ice for that iced tea now! ;)
Life is Good!

Unutt

If I do, I will chisel it off my wind shield.
So many reels, so little time.

Islandgypsy

No snow here in the PAC Northwest but at 4100 ft. was 7 degrees this morning. Thru another log in the wood stove and found something to do on a cold winter morning.

Shark Hunter

Where did you get that neon penn sign? That is cool!
Life is Good!

Keta

Quote from: Islandgypsy on February 23, 2015, 08:48:51 PM
No snow here in the PAC Northwest but at 4100 ft. was 7 degrees this morning. Thru another log in the wood stove and found something to do on a cold winter morning.

It was cold here too but not as cold as you north county people got, BURRRRRRR!!!!
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Islandgypsy

Daron, found the sign on eabay....something like twenty bucks including shipping. Still see them advertised.It's LED. Hope that helps if you try pick one up. GB

Shark Hunter

Thanks GB.
-8 tonight Lee.
Life is Good!

Wally15

Quote from: Unutt on February 22, 2015, 08:40:11 PM

It's all in good fun. I can't believe I won the darn thing. Since I'm not the reel guru you guys are (90% of the reel models and mods you guys discuss is way over my head), I mostly enjoy the friendly banter and comaraderie of a bunch of dedicated and motivated people from all over the world. We ain't right in the head!
I really like the bass in your profile pic. If I make it to Texas, I'd love for you to show me a good lake. Lake Fork is on my bucket list, but so are some of the southern CA lakes (Castaic, etc.) And if you ever make it to GA, I have a place on Lake Eufaula that I will be happy to reciprocate. Been fishing that lake for 25 years, 8-14 is my personal best, but I'm gonna get a 10+ someday. The 8-14, I took her pic and let her go. The 99, I'll take her pic but keep her  :)
It was a sunny 70 degrees here today in S GA. Rain is in the forecast.
Wally
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor